Tangy Pickled Cornichon Slaw - pickles or cornichons bring a tangy update to this oil free slaw recipe - quick, easy, and tasty for your BBQ or game day!
Oil Free Slaw
Fast Food Friday, yay!
You all know I love pickles. They add a tangy zip to most anything, in my opinion.
This Tangy Pickled Cornichon Slaw was included with our recent Smoky Lentil Chili and A Hot Dog Toppings Bar:
This recipe is definitely one we will be repeating all summer long. I made three batches in a week because we were topping all the things with slaw.
I love the bright and tangy flavor with the crisp cool crunch - I could eat this by itself as a salad!
VEGAN POTLUCK RECIPES
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 3 tablespoons cashew cream (or vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 head cabbage
- 2 carrots, stemmed, peeled, and grated or sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup cornichons, sliced into matchsticks (or 2 large pickles, sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In large mixing bowl, combine vinegar, cashew milk, and cashew cream. Set aside.
- Chop ‘root’ away from cabbage, discard. Slice and chop cabbage to bite size pieces.
- Add cabbage, carrots, and cornichons to mixing bowl, toss to coat with vinegar cashew mixture.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Place in refrigerator to cool.
adapted from: Cool Coconut Cabbage Slaw
dairy, egg, soy, oil, and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:⅓ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 440mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery - add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.