everyone raves about this updated Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip! holidays, parties, game day, Thursday – made with jackfruit, this tasty goodness fits in at any table.
Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
It is almost like quarters two and three of the year are like training for quarter four and one. Holidays and game days – I LIVE FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR.
We love to entertain. I am all about the party food – obviously – and while I love creating new recipes and trying new things? I definitely have my classics that friends always ask for.
Over the years, I have made many iterations of a Buffalo Dip. This “chicken” version is the one I have been making this last year or more – and is absolutely up there as a favorite.
My suggestion is to do what I do, and make a double batch.
…and if you are taking this away to a party? Reserve a small amount for yourself, that you leave at home. I do this, and we snack on it all week. I use the leftover Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip as a sandwich spread or even blob some on top of a veggie / bean bowl.
Vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Dip
The first Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip I ever made used Soy Curls as the chicken. Those definitely work, but as much as I used to use Soy Curls at the start of this blog, they aren’t around as much.
I still love Soy Curls and think they are a brilliant creation, make no mistake! If you like the sound of that, here is my original Buffalo Dip using Soy Curls.
While I haven’t had it, I am pretty sure the real buffalo chicken dip has chicken that is shredded. Which is why I eventually gravitated towards this new recipe I am sharing here – the jackfruit easily shreds and works well in this dip. Vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Dip is here!
Want an extra level of spicy? Our Spicy Vegan Chorizo Sausage Crumbles do the trick, in place of jackfruit or Soy Curls.
more Buffalo Recipes:
we are party ready!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- 1 (20 ounce) can jackfruit, drained
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup buffalo style hot sauce (Crystal)
- 1 head cauliflower, peeled, stemmed and chopped
- 1 cube / teaspoon vegetable boullion (soy & gluten free)
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) sauerkraut brine
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- green onions, diced (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In medium mixing bowl, shred jackfruit with two forks, or throw it in a blender / food processor and pulse a couple times. Easy shreds!
- Combine shredded jackfruit and buffalo sauce. Set aside to marinate.
- Place chopped cauliflower in large stock pot with the vegetable bouillon. Add enough water to completely cover cauliflower and then some – an inch or two over. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer. Continue at a simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Drain immediately and set aside to cool.
- Keep stock pot to use again:
- Transfer buffalo jackfruit to stock pot* over medium low heat. Stir occasionally as it simmers. *Large enough to add the remaining ingredients later.
- In a blender, combine sauerkraut brine, sauerkraut, cashews, garlic, nutritional yeast, and sea salt. Blend at highest speed until completely smooth.
- (At this point, the consistency will be thin. It thickens when you add the cauliflower, and if you like a thinner dip, you may want to reserve the cauliflower water to add in, a tablespoon at a time, to reach desired consistency.)
- Add cooled cauliflower and blend until smooth.
- Add cauliflower mixture to stock pot with buffalo jackfruit, stirring to combine. Add more buffalo sauce to suit taste preference.
- Transfer to oven proof baking dish.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes, until warmed through and bubbly.
- Garnish with diced green onion.
- Serve with celery sticks, veggies, and crackers.
dairy, egg, soy, oil, and gluten free, vegan
Aroy-D Young Green Jackfruit in Brine, 20 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Crystal Hot Sauce, Louisiana's Pure Hot Sauce, 12 Fluid Ounces (Pack of 2)
Better Than Bouillon Organic Vegetable Base 16 Oz, Reduced Sodium
NOW Foods Raw Organic Cashews
NOW Nutritional Yeast Flakes,10-Ounce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 62 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 301mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 7g
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.