these Vegan White Bean Veggie Burgers are quick and easy veggie burgers are packed with protein and flavor – make ahead for fast lunches or dinners!
recipe originally published June 22, 2016
White Bean Veggie Burgers
Although we had our first official summer gathering last weekend, we haven’t opened the grill yet. We served these White Bean Veggie Burgers, and I pan fried them. This is a recipe I have been making since January, so I haven’t had a chance to test drive their grillability yet.
I do know this is a fantastic vegan burger with a pan fried crisp on them, though. That is my preferred method for these, served piping hot with melty cheese and a bunch of crisp pickles and greens:
Look at the broccoli! I love seeing the simple, real whole food ingredients in the burger I am eating, don’t you?
These vegan burgers are also gluten and soy free – this is a HUGE benefit for those with allergies – a meat free burger that is also gluten and soy free is a rare find.
With enough flavor on their own, these burgers are not overpowering that you can’t dress them up however you’d like. Traditional – a melty cheddar slice, mustard, ketchup and pickles, or simple – pickle and Tangy Cheese Sauce:
You might have these six ingredients on hand?
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup finely diced broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons tahini or cashew butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained well
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon kala namak (black salt - or use sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine onion, garlic, and broccoli. Sauté in a bit of water until veggies are soft and onions are translucent. Remove from heat, stir in tahini / cashew butter.
- Add beans to a large mixing bowl, mash using a fork or potato masher. Add skillet mixture, oats and kala namak, stirring to combine completely.
- Using hands, form mixture into patties - mine were about 4 inches across, 3/4 inch thick?
- Place patties on prepared baking sheet, bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes.
- Once cooled, these can be frozen - wrap individually in foil, then store in plastic baggie.
Soom Foods Pure Ground Sesame Tahini 11oz (2 Pack)
365 Everyday Value, Organic Cannellini Beans, 15 Ounce
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, 32 Ounce
Rani Black Salt (Kala Namak) Powder 5oz (142g) Indian, Unrefined, Pure and Natural
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 67 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 203mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 1g Protein: 6g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.