this oil free vegan Green Goddess Dressing and Dip has the fresh goodness of spring and summer! this quick and easy recipe is a great salad dressing or flavorful dip.
Oil Free Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
The sun is out!
Spring is here!
…and so are the farmers markets.
As I say every year, warmer sunny days have me craving fresh seasonal veggies and lots of salads. Light flavors that are bright, fresh, and green.
and this time of year, weekend mornings find us walking around in the sunshine at the market. A nice way to spend the morning.
Green Goodness Dressing really brightens up my Hearty Nourishing Greens Salad:
Green Goddess Dressing
While this bright and fresh dressing and dip recipe is just five simple ingredients, it is incredibly flavorful – rich and tangy green goodness.
My fresh take on a Green Goddess dressing is completely plant based, gluten, soy, and oil free. Inspired by and made from fresh veggies gathered at the Saturday Farmers Market, the first time we tried this was as a dip.
Quick and Easy Dressing
Green Goddess Dressing turned into one of those quickly made weekend lunches using the farmers market finds from the morning. After spending the morning walking through the aisles, snacking, seeing friends, more snacking… we are usually ready for lunch!
and it works so well as a salad dressing too – I have been using it every day for my recent lunch salads, I love the bright basil and lemon!
A simple salad of butter lettuce, asparagus and broccoli is instantly fancy.
more dairy free vegan dressings:
I am getting quite used to capers as ants on a log…
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked several hours
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup water
- 5 green onions, peeled, ends removed, and chopped
- large handful fresh basil leaves (about 1 1/2 packed cups)
- juice of 1 fresh lemon (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons capers
- pinch sea salt
- more water to thin (more for dressing, less for thicker dip)
- Drain and rinse cashews, discarding soaking liquid.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender. Blend until smooth, adding water to thin to your desired consistency.
- Transfer to bowl for serving as a dip, serve with fresh vegetables and assorted dippers.
- Transfer to a sealed container for use as a salad dressing. To serve, pour over salad, or pour first into large salad bowl and whisk. Add salad ingredients and toss.
dairy, egg, soy, oil, and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 174 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 150mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 5g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.