taco crunch wrap – Taco Tuesday

in appetizers, Dinner, Gluten Free, recipes, snacks, Vegan, Vegan MoFo

taco crunch wrap

veganmofo

Just a couple years out of college, I was well versed in the Portland night life. My friends and I went dancing every weekend. Sometimes both Friday and Saturday nights.

Oh, who am I kidding, we went dancing every Wednesday evening too.

The weekends were reserved for Santorini, a Greek restaurant and club downtown. Santorini is where I learned to sing several songs in Arabic, where I had at least one birthday party, where from the deejay to the bartenders to the owner, everyone knew our name.

Wednesdays you could find us upstairs at Fernando’s Hideaway for salsa dancing. Packed dance floor, fantastic music, running downstairs to cool off every now and then.

After last call, you could find us at the drive thru.

Fourth Meal.

For me? Bean burrito with green sauce.

and one of these things.

Pacific Foods has that new line of beans I told you about earlier this year; I used their organic refried pinto beans in this.

Pacific keeps bringing us new product, with many different dietary categories including Vegan, Gluten Free, Kosher (Dairy and Parve), Soy, Corn, Yeast Free.

taco crunch wrap

INGREDIENTS FOR EACH WRAP:

1 regular size tortilla
dairy free cheese, grated
2 small corn tortillas
refried pinto beans
guacamole*
iceberg lettuce

INSTRUCTIONS:

Assemble each crunch wrap by stacking:

large regular tortilla –> cheese –> small corn tortilla –> beans –> guacamole –> lettuce –> second small corn tortilla –> more cheese –> fold, turn, fold, turn, fold, turn…   more cheese to ‘seal’ closed.

Bake at 325 for 5-8 minutes, until warmed through and slightly crispy. Serve with dairy free sour cream and guacamole for dipping.

*Guacamole = mashed avocado, lemon juice, sea salt.

vegan crunch wrap

Run for the border.

Disclosure: I brought home heaps of Pacific product from Vida Vegan Con; I was not compensated to share anything with you, I simply love this local to me company.

1 Kath (My Funny Little Life) September 17, 2013 at 5:38 am

Mmmmmmm, looks delicious, and I love the colors! :D I’ve never been fond of nightlife because I’m this stay-at-home-and-spend-“me”-time kind of nerd. :P But secretly I admire the people who go out until late and spend time with friends and dance and have fun. I’d just lack the energy for it.

2 Kristina Sloggett September 17, 2013 at 12:46 pm

oh you know I definitely need my alone time too – but I have always loved to go dancing ’til the wee hours of the morning. :D

3 Jamie | Thrifty Veggie Mama September 17, 2013 at 5:57 am

This looks delicious! I am sure my family would love it. We love taco Tuesdays

4 Kristina Sloggett September 17, 2013 at 12:44 pm

we love our Taco Tuesdays too (and any other day…) I hope you try them – enjoy!

5 Heather (Where's the Beach) September 17, 2013 at 6:40 am

Oh yum yum – we used to do the late night/early morning Taco Bell runs after being out at the club far too long. What is it that’s so spectacular about burritos and tacos at 2 am ;-)

6 Kristina Sloggett September 17, 2013 at 12:43 pm

um, the only thing open? ;) ha! I don’t know, but we always looked forward to it!

7 Johanna GGG September 17, 2013 at 6:47 am

now I wish for one of these in my oven right now – if only I could find little round tacos like that – we just get the folded ones that you stuff but I think I could cope with just crushing them up like nachos in a wrap – must make!

8 Kristina Sloggett September 17, 2013 at 12:43 pm

yes, you could totally crush them – I have done that too ; these in the photo were TINY corn tortillas, like, 3 inches? almost like a chip itself! enjoy!

9 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 17, 2013 at 8:52 am

Don’t you miss those right-out-of-college-and-I-finally-have-a-paycheck days?! I have no idea how I made it in to work that hung over… LOL!

10 Kristina Sloggett September 17, 2013 at 12:40 pm

oh, don’t I know it. crazy times. so so fun!

11 Stephanie September 17, 2013 at 10:12 am

Well, now I just want to eat this all. the. time.

12 Kristina Sloggett September 17, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I know, so fun right? I made these a while back, so it’s time to make them again…

13 Eileen September 17, 2013 at 11:09 am

I have never heard of wrapping a taco up in a tortilla like this! But I also can’t say I would mind eating an entire plate of them for dinner ASAP. :)

14 Kristina Sloggett September 17, 2013 at 12:36 pm

it is so good, crunchy and soft at the same time!

15 Bianca- Vegan Crunk September 17, 2013 at 1:33 pm

FUN!! I still often find myself at Taco Bell at 1 a.m. (black bean burrito fresca). But this looks so much better!

16 Erin September 17, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Genius.

17 Kelly September 17, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Yum. YUM! uh, Y-U-M!

18 Kelli September 17, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Oh, that looks amazing! I love anything crunchy (and cheesy and spicy) ~ this is perfect :)

19 Angie September 18, 2013 at 12:59 pm

This is such perfect, simple genius! You have done it again.

20 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 19, 2013 at 5:42 am

Love the disclaimer! While I appreciate when people are compensated for their reviews, I do really love hearing reviews of products without prompting. This looks amazing! My guys would go crazy over these!

21 Lora @cakeduchess September 19, 2013 at 7:19 am

oh my goodness…it’s too early for lunch but I want this for breakfast. Love this!

22 Heather @ Better With Veggies September 19, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Holy moly – I want one of these. What a delicious idea!

23 Katie @ Produce on Parade September 20, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Um, Kristina, you’re a genius! Nom, nom, nom…I must got make these now…excuse me! ;)

24 Lindsey October 31, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Hi, this looks amazing! What kind of cheese did you use?

25 Kristina Sloggett November 3, 2013 at 5:10 pm

this one was the Soy Kaas mozzarella, which I do not use often but it works best with the small side of the grater (melts better when small) :)