Chipotle quesadillas with mango salsa are crispy buttery quesadillas filled with mildly spicy chipotle flavors and creamy avocado. Mango adds cool sweetness to the chipotle.
recipe originally published January 31, 2016
Do you love a cheesy gooey quesadilla as much as I do?
These can be assembled and stacked ahead of time, ready to go for a quick melting in the pan whenever ready. If you have a panini press or even a waffle iron, you can set up a quesadilla ingredients bar and guests can make their own - very easy!
These have a buttery crunchy tortilla, with a cheesy flavorful filling. We make these just as often without the cheese, and the avocado brings that creamy cool goodness to balance the chipotle. The sweet mango and cool mint of the salsa is the perfect finish.
Melty, cheesy, hand-held comfort food.
Did you make these recipes?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
Minty Mango Salsa
- 2 large ripe mango
- ½ small yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch sea salt
- 4 gluten free tortillas
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 6-8 ounces extra firm tofu (½ package)
- 2-3 canned chipotles, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 4 ounces dairy free cheese, grated
- dairy free butter, for cooking
- Make salsa: Slice mango away from pit, peel mango pieces. Dice small.
- Peel onion, dice small.
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Slice jalapeno lengthwise. Remove stem and seeds, mince small.
- Remove and discard stems from mint, chop leaves.
- In mixing bowl, combine mango, onion, garlic, jalapeno, and mint with lime juice, stirring to combine. Salt to taste.
- Make quesadillas: Scoop avocado from peel. Lay out two tortillas, mash one fourth avocado onto each tortilla.
- Divide tofu between two servings onto tortillas, crumbling in an even layer over avocado.
- Mince chipotle peppers and add them to the top of the tofu, along with drizzling the adobo sauce.
- Sprinkle one ounce grated cheese over each tortilla, in an even layer over tofu.
- Cover each with one of the remaining two tortillas, pressing together.
- Air fryer instructions: Secure quesadilla with toothpicks to keep from 'flying around.' Cook the Taco Crunch Wrap for 7 minutes at 370°F, turning halfway through.
- Stovetop instructions: In skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add one quesadilla and cover. Allow to cook several minutes, checking frequently for golden color on tortilla.
- Carefully flip to other side, adding more butter as needed. Cover and cook until both sides are golden brown, crisp, filling is heated and cheese melted.
- Repeat cooking process with remaining three quesadillas. Cut into four to six equal pieces, top with mango salsa. Serve warm.
dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 701Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 12gSugar: 9gProtein: 38g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.