this vegan Spicy Peanut Veggie Noodle Bowl is a great meal prep recipe. customizable with your favorite veggies and noodles – fast, fresh, and flavorful!
recipe originally published February 4, 2016
Easy Meal Prep Recipe
This is a super quick, throw together in 20 minutes sort of recipe.
It can also be a great meal prep recipe. Prep all the veggies in advance, make a double – triple batch of the sauce, even pre cook the noodles!
Cold noodles are so good.
(I always toss cooked noodles with a bit of olive or coconut oil if they are to be leftovers.)
Most of the time, I’ll make the sauce and prep a week’s worth of veggies, and cook the pasta at the time of the meal. Or two batches of pasta, one for later.
One warm lunch, one cold!
Vegan Spicy Noodle Bowl
With a bit of prep work on one afternoon, I am able to enjoy super quick and easy lunches all week long.
This is what lunch has looked like this week. Spicy, peanutty noodle bowls. Veggie packed, comfort food pasta that I can sit on the couch and relax for however long it takes to eat, while catching up on Days of Our Lives. You might recall, my dad got me hooked. I still watch from time to time.
Sometimes, I add that egg component in the form of a tofu scramble..
or a VeganEgg:
Gluten Free Noodle Bowl
I love to use Rice Ramen in these bowls – so SO good.
Other times, I’ll use a gluten free spaghetti noodle, or another long noodle, like a fettuccine. It all works.
I’ll add whatever veggies I have in my fridge, which almost always includes broccoli and carrots. I throw them in raw, and once I stir them around in the hot pasta, they soften a bit. Still crunchy though, which is what I love.
If you are following this recipe and prefer a cooked veggie, you can toss them into the sauce while the pasta cooks. Or add roasted veggies – Mmm.
vegan noodle recipes
I have been enjoying these bowls all week. In no way is that depressing.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- 1-2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha*
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 8 ounces / 4 servings pasta (long noodle spaghetti, Black Rice Ramen)
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped bite size
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks or spiralized
- 3 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
*to taste and heat preference – you can always add, you cannot take away
Spicy Coconut Peanut Sauce:
- Add ginger, garlic, lime juice, and rice vinegar to large saucepan over low heat, sauté until softened (1 minute).
- Stir in coconut milk, sriracha, and peanut butter. Continue cooking another couple minutes, whisking into a smooth sauce.
- Add more coconut milk for a thinner sauce, add sriracha for more spicy. Set aside.
Veggie Noodle Bowls:
- Prepare Spicy Coconut Peanut Sauce; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta cooks, clean and prep broccoli, carrots, onion, peanuts.
- Drain pasta when cooked. Add to Spicy Coconut Peanut Sauce, toss to coat.
- Divide into four serving bowls, top with broccoli, edamame, and carrots.
- Garnish with green onion, peanuts, sesame seeds, and additional sriracha.
dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Marukan Rice Vinegar (12 ounce)
Sriracha Hot Sauce, 28 oz
Classic Peanut Butter Only Two Ingredients, Gluten-free, Non-GMO, 16oz
King Soba 1-PACK Gluten Free & Organic Buckwheat Ramen Noodles - 4 Noodle Cakes Per Pack
Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Black Sesame Seeds - 2 Pounds
Glass Food Prep Container Set
Weck 762 Tulip Jelly Jar SET of 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 11gSugar: 8gProtein: 19g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.