This dairy free enchilada dip is high protein, rich and flavorful. A hearty, satisfying, and low fat appetizer for any party table!
recipe originally published December 26, 2017
Dairy Free Enchilada Dip
Heading to a New Years Eve soirée?
Already planning your Oscar party menu?
Looking for unique recipes for game day?
Enjoying a staycation for the rest of the year and want some serious comfort food - a seriously satisfying snack that is also protein and fiber rich and low fat?
This enchilada dip is totally that. All of those things.
Another brilliant aspect of this recipe? It is super quick and easy to make. Like, we are talking last minute stuff here.
We had some left over from a party recently (meaning, I reserved some for us in a small container and took the rest to the party...), and the next morning? We had Breakfast Tacos with Scramble and Enchilada Beans. So good.
This works as is for a meal, too. The first time I thought of enchilada dip as a thing, I made it for our dinner, as a test. We had this protein and fiber rich dip, some veggies and chips, and a salad. Super quick and easy dinner.
At that dinner, this dip was deemed party worthy.
It was also deemed that grated cheese is a terrific topping for this dip...
Red enchilada sauce was one of my first recipes on this blog. Unfortunately, it was lost in the big blog transfer of 2010, and isn't even found in the wayback machine. Bummer.
After sharing my easy bean and cauliflower rice enchiladas, I have had several requests for my red sauce recipe - look for that soon.
I make my easy green enchilada sauce more often than the red, and I will be trying a verde version of this dip recipe soon too.
We have only shared this at one party so far, and it was well liked! Enchilada Dip is on our New Years Eve menu - since our NYE tradition is tamales, it fits the theme.
Did you make this dairy free enchilada dip?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers (from jar, drained)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup red enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup cashew cream or dairy free plain yogurt, divided
- 2 fresh green onion, diced (as garnish)
- tortilla chips and fresh veggies, for dipping
- In large sauté pan over medium heat, combine onion, garlic, and 2 tablespoons water. Sauté until softened and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside.
- In blender or food processor, combine beans, 3 tablespoons aquafaba, roasted red peppers, tomato paste, sautéed onions and garlic. Blend at highest speed, using tamper tool or stopping to scrape sides. Blend until smooth.
- To the blended beans, add enchilada sauce, nutritional yeast, cumin, salt and pepper, and most of the cashew cream. (Reserve 2-3 tablespoons cashew cream to swirl as garnish before serving.) Pulse / blend to combine completely, scraping sides as needed.
- Transfer dip to serving bowl / bowls. Swirl reserved cashew cream on top, sprinkle with diced fresh green onion. Serve with tortilla chips and crudités.
dairy, egg, soy, oil, and gluten free, vegan
Serving Size:¼ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.