These vegan Buffalo chicken wings are mildly spicy, gluten and soy free with great flavor! Perfect for tacos, salads, or dipped in ranch...
Vegan Buffalo Chicken Wings
The sort of obvious thing? I have never eaten buffalo wings. (I never liked chicken.)
The ironic thing? I love faux wings.
The bad thing? Most are either made with soy or vital wheat gluten.
The awesome thing? I have a vegan buffalo chicken wing that is both gluten and soy free.
I've been holding out on you - but today I am making up for it. I have made these more times than I can count, they just get more and more awesome every time, and I am finally sharing with you.
How to serve vegan wings
My favorite way to enjoy these wings is as a warm topper to a crisp cool salad, like this Vegan Buffalo Wing Salad.
I finally tried them on the grill (I used a grill pan in case they fell through or fell apart). They grill perfectly!
Even without the flatbreads, these wings are perfect dipped into that cool ranch. Perfect.
Ever since I posted the latest teaser taco with my cool coconut cabbage slaw, y'all have been asking after these vegan chicken wings again. Buffalo flavor on the inside and out with a flavorful crispy coating, these are my new favorite thing.
Perfect for a weekend BBQ.
or a Thursday.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 2 ½ cups gluten free corn flakes, divided
- 1 ⅓ cups cooked chickpeas, peeled
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ to ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, diced fine
- If using oven, preheat to 325 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- In food processor, pulse corn flakes to fine crumb; remove and set aside.
- In food processor, pulse chickpeas to a crumbly paste. Add ½ cup corn flake crumbs, quinoa, nutritional yeast, buffalo sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper, pulse until smooth. Transfer to mixing bowl and mix in onion.
- Put remaining corn flake crumb on a plate. Form chickpea - quinoa mixture into "wings" and roll through corn flake crumbs. Place on prepared (parchment / silpat) baking sheet, top with additional buffalo sauce.
- Oil Free Air Fryer Instructions: Preheat air fryer to 370 °F. Arrange Spicy Buffalo Chick-Quin Wings in single layer. Cook at 370 °F for 6 minutes. Remove and turn wings / shake basket. Return to air fryer for another 4-5 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Bake at 325 °F for 25 minutes, turn and bake another 20 minutes.
egg, dairy, soy, oil, and gluten free, vegan recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 11gSugar: 4gProtein: 17g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.