Mozzarella Stuffed Vegan Chicken Burgers – these crispy burgers with melty mozzarella are allergy friendly – soy AND gluten free!
Mozzarella Stuffed Vegan Chicken Burgers
These burgers are my new favorite thing.
I mean, just look at the crispy edges and melty gooey cheese. Fresh homemade buns swiped with a bright basil aioli and peppery arugula piled high. A steaming fresh from the oven Chick-quin patty and marinara… unlike many chicken alternatives, these are soy free, gluten free, totally satisfying and flavor full.
These Chickquin patties are totally great on their own.
Then, we stuffed them with cheese.
Miyoko’s Mozzarella is melty goodness.
The first time I made these, Jason called them Pizza Burgers.
Yep, that works too.
I just love the bright basil and the herby marinara and the peppery arugula and the garlicy corn flakey savory awesomeness that is this sandwich. The stretchy mozzarella surprise is the perfect stuffing for these Italian inspired burgers.
I cannot wait to make them again.
Vegan Gluten Free Chicken Recipes
like, maybe Game Day, if your teams
are not in Oregon happen to be doing well.
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (save liquid) and peeled
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 sliced rounds of Vegan Mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves
- Basil Aioli
- 4 gluten free hamburger buns
- Slow Cooker Basil Marinara
- If air frying, line basket with a parchment round.
- If baking, preheat oven to 325 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
- In food processor, pulse corn flakes to fine crumb; set aside.
- In food processor, pulse chickpeas to a crumbly paste. Add 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs, quinoa, apple cider vinegar, aquafaba, nutritional yeast, onion powder, salt and pepper, pulse until smooth. Transfer to mixing bowl, stir in onion and garlic.
- Put remaining corn flake crumb on a plate. Form chickpea – quinoa mixture into patties around a slice of mozzarella, roll through corn flake crumbs, and place on baking sheet.
- Air fry at 370 °F for 6 minutes. Remove basket, carefully flip to other side, return to air fryer and cook another 4-5 minutes at 370 °F.
- Bake at 325 °F for 20 minutes, turn and bake another 15 minutes.
- Assemble sandwiches: spread 1 tablespoon Basil Aioli over buns. Top with fresh basil, Chickquin patty, marinara, top bun.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 397mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 10g Sugar: 5g Protein: 10g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.