You will want pumpkin cheesecake dip all holiday season! Flavored with warming pumpkin spice, this holiday dip is the hit of every party.
recipe originally published December 20, 2012
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip - the holiday party essential
I am not exaggerating when I say I look forward to this holiday dip all year long. Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip is one of my most requested appetizers when I ask what I can bring to the holiday party.
How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
This recipe takes no time at all to make.
If you are using cashews, the most time consuming task is waiting for them to soak. If you choose the (dairy free) cream cheese base, you can have this dip ready in five minutes. You may have all of the ingredients on hand in your kitchen right now...
A few pantry staples plus a few warm spices whipped up with a blender, hand blender, or your own strength on arm day and you have a delicious holiday dip!
How To Serve Pumpkin Dip
Spoon this dip into a couple small ramekins and place as the anchor dips on a party snack board. Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip is the star of the spread with sliced apples and other fruit, gingersnap and shortbread cookies, even salty pretzels.
Graham crackers and chocolate cookies are welcome to this party also.
Leftovers? I have used this as a spread in a savory sandwich. It works, in that sweet cranberry sauce with savory foods sort of way.
There are a few ways to make our favorite holiday dip. Cashew Cream is my go to, but sometimes I am an hour away from guests arriving and am staring down the last bits of a can of pumpkin. The other two ingredient suggestions give you a last minute party dip in no time!
- Cashews: believe it or not, cashews yield the thickest Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip that can almost double as a spread. you start with a thick cashew cream that uses less water than usual (and your blender tamper stick).
- Cream Cheese: for the true tangy cheesecake flavor, a dairy free cream cheese works well and is one of the fastest ways to make this dip. (I have used our vegan cream cheese recipe with this, it works well!) last minute menu additions? use cream cheese or yogurt...
- Greek Yogurt: a dairy free Greek style yogurt is also a great base for this Pumpkin Dip, giving a tart / tangy flavor to balance the sweet.
How Long Does Pumpkin Dip Last?
Here's a pumpkin dip hint... here are rarely leftovers. This is a tasty appetizer that always leaves an empty dish at the party.
If making ahead to serve later, transfer pumpkin cheesecake dip into Glass Containers with Sealing Lids. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Vegan Appetizer Recipes
- Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip : another classic – and another that is the first to go at the party! everyone loves it and few even know it’s dairy free…
- Pineapple Jalapeño Poppers – another often requested party favorite! sweet and salty, with a buttery crunch topping…
- Vegan Boursin Style Cheese : tastes exactly as I remember from childhood… a craving I needed to replicate. good on crackers or a stuffed peppadew!
- Vegan Chorizo Queso : the spabettie house dip. this is the recipe I turn to again and again, always a hit at game day!
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower: a tangy bite size must at any gathering! a party classic that everyone loves - a quick and easy essential.
- Pizza Cheese Dip : melty, gooey, amazing! this dairy free cheese dip has many fans – a surprisingly melty cheesy dip that I’d invite to any party…
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- Soak cashews in hot water and dates several hours to overnight. (for quicker use, boil water, remove from heat, soak cashews in this water for 15 minutes.)
- Drain cashews and dates.
- In food processor or high speed blender, combine soaked cashews and dates with lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, vanilla paste, cinnamon and nutmeg, continue processing until smooth and creamy.
dairy, egg, oil, soy, and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:¼ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.