This spiced pumpkin basil cheese ball is an easy recipe for an impressive appetizer that brings layers of rich flavor - the hit at any party!
recipe originally published December 13, 2016
Dairy free cheese ball
This is where I describe the huge party we had, and the several cheeseboards we offered, just like this one. Well yeah - only it wasn't. This cheeseboard was for a Saturday afternoon at home, when Jason returned from a haircut and errands all morning. We had our neighbors over for wine.
We were basically celebrating being home for the rest of the holiday season. Perfect thing to toast, right?
A Happy Hour at Home is sometimes all we need.
We do have at least two holiday parties that are potluck style, and this was a test run of my cheese ball recipe, which I am very excited to share with others, and with you today! I have made this recipe twice, using completely different flavors the first time. I will share that recipe with you soon, as I am making it again for our family Christmas gathering.
This spiced pumpkin basil cheese ball, though - perfect for holiday events, with rich flavors and mild warm spice and a nice crunch from the tortilla chip coating.
My favorite is to scoop some cheese ball onto a chip, adding a few capers or a cornichon, followed by a sweet grape or apricot. Mmm. Fruit chaser.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- In mixing bowl, fold together softened cream cheese and pumpkin, stirring to a smooth consistency. Add nutritional yeast, tamari, chopped basil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt - stir to combine.
- Transfer cheese mixture into the middle of plastic wrap, and carefully wrap plastic around, forming a ball. Place in refrigerator for several hours (or overnight) to set.
- Once cheese ball is set, add cashews to blender or food processor, and blend at highest speed into fine crumb. Add this crumb to a shallow bowl or plate.
- Remove cheese ball from refrigerator and unwrap. Roll cheese ball through cashew crumbs. Use hands to press into the cheese ball, coating completely.
- Serve on a board or platter with veggies, chips and assorted snacks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:¼ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 17gUnsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.