This Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal with Golden Cashew Cream recipe is the answer when quick and easy is needed, with added turmeric benefit - make ahead for a hearty breakfast all week!
TABLE OF CONTENTS - Jump to any section:
Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
I love oatmeal in the fall. I love pumpkin all year round.
This Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal is my first baked oats recipe, and I cannot wait to make it again. and again. As with every food I obsess over, I already have so many flavor ideas.
I knew what I wanted my baked oatmeal to be, and I ended up sounding like Goldilocks and the Three Bears:
- Not too soft - may as well make regular oatmeal!
- Not too hard - that's just a chewy granola bar?
- Just right!
My "just right" baked oatmeal stays in a square - a nice tall square as I envisioned - and yet is sorta soft still.
I nailed this on the first try. Then made it again. and again. Just to make sure.
Baked Oatmeal Recipe
I took some inspiration and guidance from this Baked Oatmeal recipe from Cooking Light magazine.
Having been a voracious reader of this delicious magazine since high school, it has always been such an honor to be a Cooking Light Blogger. I have gained so much from this community, and love the collaborations.
Anyway, Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal! I took the Cooking Light recipe and ran with it. Made it my own, veganized it. It looks little like the original, but the result is a solid recipe that tastes fabulous and provides a warm and filling breakfast.
Benefits of Turmeric Golden "Cream"
The curcumin in turmeric is a mood booster, did you know? (I mean, a spoonful of this Golden Cashew Cream boosts my mood just from the comfort food aspect, but yeah - right now I will take all the boost I can get.)
Curcumin is also a powerful antioxidant.
Turmeric and cinnamon benefits continue: they are both known to be anti inflammatory, and some say these two ingredients are also heart healthy, and may lower blood sugars.
...and if you are wondering about the black pepper? Dr Greger says increased bioavailability!
So. Good fat + turmeric and cinnamon + black pepper = Beneficial Nutritional Powerhouse.
Beneficial Nutritional Powerhouse poured over Baked Pumpkin Oats?
Quick, easy, TASTY breakfast all week long!
Golden Cashew Cream shortcut
Because this golden saucy goodness takes literally a minute to make, I always have a fresh jar in the fridge. I have been adding it to all the things.
This Golden Cashew Cream recipe is already so quick and easy, but if you want even easier? Simply blend cashews, milk, a bit of maple syrup and my favorite Golden Milk Powder.
I love that stuff.
I sometimes get fancy and add fresh grated ginger. Sometimes vanilla too.
More breakfast recipes
In addition to Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal, we have many hearty and satisfying breakfast recipes you will love!
- Vegan Breakfast Sandwich
- Coconut Cold Brew
- Spinach Pancakes
- Ranchero Breakfast Crunchwrap
- Maple Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Nourishing Kitchari
- Roasted Apple Cider Chia Pudding
- Pumpkin Bread French Toast
Make this now!
and your kitchen will SMELL SO GOOD all day.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal:
- 2 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ¾ cups dairy free milk (cashew)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or paste
- Golden Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line an square (8x8) baking dish with parchment, or spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine oats, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, sea salt. Whisk together.
- To the dry ingredients, add the dairy free milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla. Fold into dry ingredients, combining completely.
- Spoon / pour pumpkin oat mixture into parchment lined baking dish.
- Bake at 350 °F for 45 minutes or until golden brown and baked through. Remove from oven, allow to sit a few minutes. Serve warm with Golden Cashew Cream.
- To make the Golden Cashew Cream: Combine cashews, milk, maple syrup, ground turmeric, cinnamon and sea salt and fresh black pepper in a blender.
- Blend at highest speed until smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Transfer to a pourable jar with a lid. Use immediately at room temperature.
- Store in lidded jar in refrigerator for 3 - 4 days.
dairy, egg, soy, oil, and gluten free, vegan
Store leftover baked oatmeal covered in refrigerator for up to three days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:¾ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 7gSugar: 8gProtein: 6g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.