The vegan Ranchero Breakfast Crunchwrap is our spicy brunchwrap version of the original favorite. Super easy and quick to make any time of day!
recipe originally published September 13, 2018
Ranchero Breakfast Crunchwrap
I just love a crispy vegan crunchwrap! or in this case, brunchwrap.
(want more Taco Bell menu choices? try our Cheesy Vegan Quesarito or Crunchwrap Supreme!)
and you all know I love breakfast the most. (Did you see this Breakfast Collection?!)
I just had to combine the two. With a bit of a spicy kick.
Don't like spicy as much as we do? This Classic Ranchero Sauce is totally customizable to your heat preferences! Add fewer of the spicier peppers, more of the mild. Add different peppers!
In a pinch, I have been known to use fresh frozen Hatch Green Chiles in this recipe. Works just fine.
Pan fry, air fry, oven crisp
Also customizable - the way you get the CRUNCH into this crunchwrap!
My favorite is the air fryer, just because it is so super quick and easy - especially if you do not want to add oil. Baking and pan frying work with no oil too, although I sometimes slip a bit of vegan butter into the pan for the pan fried version. Mmm.
I hope you all like the Ranchero Breakfast Crunchwrap as much as we do.
and as much as you all love the original.
We had these during the amazing Packers game the other night...
these are Game Day great! not just for breakfast anymore!
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
Ranchero Breakfast Crunchwrap
the Ranchero Breakfast Crunchwrap is our spicy breakfast version of the original favorite. super easy and quick to make for breakfast, lunch AND dinner!
- 2 large flour tortillas (gluten free available)
- 2 servings VeganEgg scramble or Tofu Scramble
- 1 – 2 fresh jalapeños, stemmed and sliced
- ½ cup+ Classic Ranchero Sauce (recipe below)
- 2 small corn tortillas
- ½ to ¾ avocado, peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup cooked pinto beans
- 1 cup vegetable broth, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2+ teaspoons cumin
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, stemmed and diced
- 1 fresh poblano pepper, stemmed and diced
- 2 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1 (14 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Arrange large tortillas on prep surface. Assemble crunchwraps by stacking ingredients in order listed in ingredient list: egg / tofu scramble, jalapeño slices, Ranchero Sauce, smaller corn tortillas, sliced avocado, and pinto beans. Add additional ranchero sauce as desired.
- Fold large tortilla around fillings until completely sealed. See this video for wrapping example.
- In the air fryer: Cook each Crunchwrap for 6 minutes at 350°F.
- Bake at 325 °F for 5-8 minutes, until warmed through and slightly crispy.
- Pan fry in dry pan at medium low heat, a few minutes each side until crisp and golden brown.
- For the ranchero sauce: Add 3-4 tablespoons vegetable broth to a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic in broth until softened and translucent. Add cumin, stir to combine / coat.
- Add jalapeño, poblano, and chipotle peppers, continue to sauté several minutes until softened.
- Add full can of tomatoes and their liquid, and the remaining vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer. Simmer for several minutes.
- Remove from heat. Use sauce as is, or blend with a stick blender / carefully transfer to blender. I blend to a rough consistency, with some small pieces of pepper and tomato.
- Use immediately while warm. Cool completely before storing.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to one week.
dairy, egg and oil free, vegan, gluten free option
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 crunchwrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 340mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 11gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I love the idea of a breakfast crunchwrap! I have some of the vegan egg in my pantry and this sounds like the perfect recipe to use it in.
I am still so darn bad with savory breakfasts. I crave sweet in the morning! These might just transition me ...
Kathy Hester says
Loving this vegan recipe. I am always looking for more breakfast variety!
I've been seeing a few crunch wrap recipes out there but none with a breakfast take on it! Looks delish.
Wow - so creative & delicious looking!
These look amazing! I can't wait to try they. One question though: do you use the crunchy baked corn tortillas (like for tostados) or fresh ones?
Kristina Sloggett says
thank you Karen! either one, they both work! (I have even used crunchy tortilla CHIPS if I don't have the small corn tortillas!)
I probably use the fresh corn most often, just because I usually have some on hand. then the "crunch" in crunchwrap comes from the outside crispy shell only, ha!