Taco Crunch Wrap – a plant based update on the classic drive through favorite. super easy and quick to make, pop several in the oven for lunch, or a late night snack!
Just a couple years out of college, I was well versed in the Portland night life. My friends and I went dancing every weekend. Sometimes both Friday and Saturday nights.
Oh, who am I kidding, we went dancing every Wednesday evening too.
The weekends were reserved for Santorini, a Greek restaurant and club downtown. Santorini is where I learned to sing several songs in Arabic, where I had at least one birthday party, where from the deejay to the bartenders to the owner, everyone knew our name.
Wednesdays you could find us upstairs at Fernando’s Hideaway for salsa dancing. Packed dance floor, fantastic music, running downstairs to cool off every now and then.
After last call, you could find us at the drive thru.
For me? Bean burrito with green sauce.
and one of these things.
Pacific Foods has that new line of beans I told you about earlier this year; I used their organic refried pinto beans in this.
Pacific keeps bringing us new product, with many different dietary categories including Vegan, Gluten Free, Kosher (Dairy and Parve), Soy, Corn, Yeast Free.
Taco Crunch Wrap
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
Preheat oven to 325 °F or prepare your air fryer.
Assemble each crunch wrap by stacking in this order:
large regular tortilla
small corn tortilla
second small corn tortilla
more cheese –> fold, turn, fold, turn, fold, turn…
more cheese to ‘seal’ closed.
In the air fryer: Cook the Taco Crunch Wrap for 6 minutes at 350°F.
Bake at 325 °F for 5-8 minutes, until warmed through and slightly crispy. Serve with dairy free sour cream and guacamole for dipping.
*Guacamole = mashed avocado, lemon juice, sea salt
Run for the border.
Disclosure: I brought home heaps of Pacific product from Vida Vegan Con; I was not compensated to share anything with you, I simply love this local to me company.
- 1 regular size gluten free tortilla
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (Follow Your Heart Provolone)
- 2 small corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons refried pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons guacamole*
- iceberg lettuce
- Preheat oven to 325 °F or prepare your air fryer.
- Assemble each crunch wrap by stacking in this order:
- large regular tortilla
- small corn tortilla
- second small corn tortilla
- more cheese --> fold, turn, fold, turn, fold, turn...
- more cheese to 'seal' closed.
- In the air fryer: Cook the Taco Crunch Wrap for 6 minutes at 350°F.
- Bake at 325 °F for 5-8 minutes, until warmed through and slightly crispy. Serve with dairy free sour cream and guacamole for dipping.
- *Guacamole = mashed avocado, lemon juice, sea salt