this Simple Coconut Cold Brew is rich in flavor and easy to make, and brings all the benefits of coconut water. two minutes gets a batch in your fridge to enjoy the next day!
Simple Coconut Cold Brew
I am one of those people who drinks iced coffee all year long.
Don’t get me wrong – I do love a hand warming mug of hot coffee on a cold winter morning (like our Toasty Graham Coffee Latte with Cinnamon Whip).
Still – even in cooler months, when I wear a jacket on my morning run and still wear socks for warmth?
And all summer long we enjoy this super simple cold brew. Coconut watered cold brew. It literally takes two minutes to prepare, and is ready for you the next morning. All done.
Benefits of Coconut Water
Coconut water is tasty, I love it. It reminds me of cracking fresh coconuts in my Hawaii Grandpa’s backyard.
I often have a small bottle with me in the spring or summer, when playing tennis on the outdoor courts leaves me dehydrated and more depleted than a usual workout. Coconut water is an excellent way to restore electrolytes and hydration, and is purported to have antioxidant properties.
Pure coconut water with nothing added has just 60 calories per cup. That one cup serving also has 10% of our daily Vitamin C and is a good source of several minerals:
Easy Cold Brew Method
I’ll say it again – this could not be easier to make!
Grind your favorite coffee bean.
Combine with your favorite 100% coconut water.
Shake shake shake.
Refrigerate overnight and enjoy!
Customize this recipe to your tastes with all sorts of flavors. Add these ingredients right to the jar prior to brewing.
Cardamom Coconut Cold Brew: one heaping teaspoon of ground cardamom, or 6-8 cardamom pods.
Vanilla Coconut Cold Brew: one split vanilla pod, or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Warm Cinnamon Cold Brew: one cinnamon stick, or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- In a large container (like a 32 ounce Wide Mouth Ball Jar), combine fresh ground coffee and coconut water.
- Fasten lid tightly and shake to mix.
- Place jar in refrigerator to brew overnight.
- Strain coffee into another jar / container, through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- Serve over ice, adding milk and sweetener as desired.
- Cardamom Coconut Cold Brew: one heaping teaspoon of ground cardamom, or 6-8 cardamom pods.
- Vanilla Coconut Cold Brew: one split vanilla pod, or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Warm Cinnamon Cold Brew: one cinnamon stick, or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Boyd's French No. 6 Coffee - Ground Dark Roast - 12-Oz Bag
- 365 Everyday Value, Coconut Water, 33.8 Fl Oz
- McCormick Gourmet Cardamom, Ground, 1.75 OZ
- Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, 4 ounces
- McCormick Ground Cinnamon, 2.37 Oz
- Ball Mason Jar-32 oz. Clear Glass Ball Wide Mouth-Set of 2
- Cuisinart Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.