peanut butter

Thank you all for your messages, comments, emails… they make me smile and give me strength, and you have no idea how much they mean to me!

So, as I sit here in the ICU, I read that today is National Peanut Butter Day. Peanut butter is one of my favorite ingredients in both sweet and savory dishes. These are a few of our favorites.

peanut butter chocolate cupcakes

classic fudge

tempeh edamame salad rolls & peanut sauce

fresh mint and chocolate chickpea cookies

peanut butter crunch smoothie

spicy African peanut soup

I can’t forget our four legged friends – apple peanut butter dog treats

Happy Peanut Butter Day!

Comments

1. Lynn F says

That’s funny I woke up thinking about the African Peanut Soup this morning!! Looks like it’s really time for it now :) !! Take care, and give your Dad a hug for me!

Those doggie treats look awesome, I haven’t made any for my puppies in a while! Actually, all the recipes look great, but that one really jumped out at me. Guess it’s time to treat the pups to something special. :)

Hope all is going well with you guys, praying and thinking of you!

oh no! I make these with very little sweetener because I like the flavor, which I don’t really think is beany, but… I know I’m weird πŸ˜‰ I hope you like these!

I LOVE that you clarified that you DO love Peanuts the comics. I love them so! no wonder I love you! :) I KNOW almond butter would work with many if not all of these – I have made the soup with almond butter before, and cashew butter too!

XXO!

3. caitlin says

Sent you more email love, dear. Thanks for the reminder about your African Peanut Soup, I need to make more! Love you!

thank you, dear. your emails mean SO much, always and especially right now. I started a reply, will finish this afternoon :) love you back! wish we could make the soup together!

Okay so I am waaaaay behind in my reading and am just now reading about your daddy. Oh goodness, Kris, I am sending you one of the biggest virtual hugs imaginable! I am also sticking my hands into the candy bucket and am throwing candy corn hearts and homemade Kisses at your direction. Give your dad a big hug from me too (even though he doesn’t know me)–just as a thank you for the good work he did with raising you :) xoxoxo

thank you SO much, dear friend – that means more than you know. *catching candy over here* (I KNEW they were homemade kisses!! what do I win??) πŸ˜‰

I hope you’re having a fantabulous time away – miss you! I’m working on valentines treats late tonight – if any make the cut I may submit to the contest! <3 XXO love!

• says

Yes! You win a lifetime supply of whatever you wish :) <–feeling very generous tonight. I might regret it tomorrow so name your poison now :)

Thinking I need to make my way up north to Washington… xo

um, on your way to Washington, please stop in Oregon to say hi to me! πŸ˜‰ hee heee….. I’m in Portland!

seeing this just now, looks like you got out of the lifetime supply thing! we’ll just say friendship, then, and watching Wheel together, and perhaps COOKING together someday… and … and … and … πŸ˜‰

• says

Wow, Oregon! That is what I MEANT to say, not Washington <–what a moron! Glad to know you still accept me, ditziness and all :)

A lifetime of Wheel. Done! And balls. And dehydrating (you need to teach me more about this!)

aww, thank you! :) that makes me happy to hear, really. I miss connecting with everyone when I cannot, you know? it’s not about “posting every day” it’s about the conversation. too many days without that and I’m lost! :)

I totally failed at celebrating nat’l pb day today! I think that calls for a scoop of PB before bed, right?? PS Still sending you lots of hugs. xoxo

of course a scoop before bed is acceptable – probably slept great, right?? :) thank you for your continued love, I really appreciate it. <3

6. Natasha says

Yummmmmmmmm. I loved the rice wraps! I must make them…happy peanut day to you Missy…give your papa’s hand a rub with some cream…read him a book, and tell him some jokes!
    Chin up “peanut butter cup”!
    Hugs to the power of 10!
    Natasha

Natasha, your comments mean so much to me and really make me smile. Really. I can generally only retain one joke at a time, so perhaps I will have to write some down… :) we gave him a hand massage just the other day – your thoughts are timely!

thank you, I appreciate you my friend! <3

• Natasha says

Ditto! Hey – if one of us wanted to send you a treat – what should we do??
        Holy crap – you also have “Ican’tretainajoketosavemylife” syndrome? I also can’t deliver one either! LOL!
        Mwaaaaah to you and Basil – and huge energy waves to your papa.

a treat?? πŸ˜€ really? I could give you my address, I love treats!

YES I suffer from that syndrome!! I have no idea why, I can tell a story with the best of them. over and over, in fact. I will be one of those little old ladies on a porch rocker, spinning yarns (not the knitting variety!) but won’t be able to tell jokes… πŸ˜‰

thank you – Basil sends wag wag wags right back, hugs from me and Dad is certainly receiving the energy! I am heading up there now, and will be taking this smile on my face to deliver to him! :)

• Natasha says

I asked for knitting needles for Christmas and I SUCK! – I just know all is going to be good – I feel it in “me” bones!

Drooled on cue to all of these! I LOVE PB! And I am glad you are feeling supported by everyone, you deserve it. Prayers for your father. (hug)

So sorry to hear about life’s stumbling blocks :( But if peanut butter can’t make everything just a little bit better, well, I don’t know what will! I love love your African peanut soup, and yup, I definitely want to make everything else listed here. Except the dog treats–but only because I don’t have a dog.

thank you, Allie. and yep, peanut butter CAN help most any situation, or at least comfort us? :) that African peanut soup is our favorite too… I need to make it soon. and honestly? I ate one of the dog treats… πŸ˜‰ they were pretty bland, but… GOOD. :)

So I made the chickpea cookies. I took many a liberty due to ingredients on hand. I used the following ingredients: chickpeas, navy beans, spelt flour, agave, tahini, chia, unsweetened coconut, raisins, vanilla extract and salt. I baked them at 350 for 12 minutes. I must say that they taste so much better today than they did last night. I’ve eaten 6 today. I’m addicted. Thank you for sharing!

yay! I love the variety of ingredients you used – and glad you like them! why didn’t they taste as good at first? chickpea cookies are an obsession of mine…