Triple Almond Cookie Dough Bites – a low carb, no bake version of our favorite cookie. these lightly sweet snacks are quick, easy, and tasty too! great pre workout snack or afternoon bite.
Pre Workout Snack
Now that we are heading into winter temperatures, I am bundled up and out of the house for a run in the early cold morning. I am always up early, have a quick cup of coffee to wake up, and I’m out the door.
Sometimes I’m hungry, but I don’t like to eat before I run. Enter these Triple Almond Cookie Dough Bites. Small enough that I don’t feel like I do when I’ve eaten, protein packed enough for a bit of energy and satiety.
Then I come home to a big bowl of oatmeal or tofu scramble.
Low Carb Snack
But enough about breakfast – back to these cookie dough bites. Buttery with bits of sweet from the chocolate, Triple Almond Cookie Dough Bites are a perfect combination of a favorite combination – chocolate and nut butter.
These are also great without the chocolate chips – a simple and natural energy bite that reminds me of the ones my mom made when I was a kid. Growing up, we always had balls and bites in the fridge, made from ingredients at my favorite tiny natural foods store in our town.
Also! For the balls in these photos, I used a more natural protein powder, with a “natural” color rather than light or white as most vanilla powders are… so these balls are darker in color.
I use whatever protein powder I am enjoying at the time, though. When I have made this recipe in the past with different vegan protein powders, they are often lighter in color, like a chocolate chip cookie.
The flavor is the same every time I make them (similar anyway – depending on sweetness of protein – your mileage may vary).
One for you, one for me!
- In mixing bowl, cream together almond butter and almond milk. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Add protein powder, almond flour, and sea salt. Stir to combine completely and form a dough.
- Using your hands, roll into 3/4 to one inch balls.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Enjoy one before a run.
dairy, egg, soy, oil and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Barney Butter Almond Butter, Bare Smooth, 16 Ounce
- Almond Breeze Dairy Free Almondmilk, Unsweetened Vanilla, 64 Ounce
- Enjoy Life Semi-sweet Chocolate Mini Chips Pck of 2 (Packaging may vary)
- Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, Vanilla Bean - Vegan, Low Net Carbs, Non Dairy, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Sugar Added, Soy Free, Kosher, Non-GMO, 2.03 Pound
- Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Gluten Free Almond Flour, 3 Pound
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- Silicone Whisk Spatula Spoonula Brush Set of 6 - Red
- Glass Food Prep Container Set
Serving Size:1 ball
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 122 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 177mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 9g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.