these Vegan Peanut Butter Bars are so quick and easy to make, you’ll always have a tasty snack on hand. tested gluten free option.
Vegan Peanut Butter Bars
I wake up early.
Like, super early.
I am generally several hours away from breakfast, but probably one hour away from a tennis game, a run, or my morning workout. So I need something.
After my apple cider vinegar lemon water, I make coffee.
…and I want something small but sorta substantial to go with that coffee. Something with protein and carbs and FUEL to get me started. Like these Vegan Peanut Butter Bars.
Gluten Free Snack Bar
First, these Vegan Peanut Butter Bars are DELICIOUS.
So easy to make, and super quick. You just might have all of the ingredients on hand, right now. I did. I have made these bars three times in as many weeks, we love them that much.
The original recipe calls for whole wheat flour. (So yeah, that was one ingredient I did not have on hand.) But I went and found some, and made them as directed in the original recipe. I had one bar, then brought the rest to the hospital. They loved them.
I made these Vegan Peanut Butter Bars again, using what I believe to be the best gluten free flour for baking. Tried and tested, for years.
The result was just as good as the original recipe – most likely because it was a small amount and a blend of flours. These are good, and we have enjoyed the gluten free version twice now.
Probably making more this weekend.
High Protein Vegan Recipes
A double peanut whammy is served up in this recipe. All is sweetened with whipped coconut sugar and dates.
This recipe comes from Ginny’s incredible new book, The High Protein Vegan Cookbook. I say incredible for a few reasons – this book is stunning. Bright beautiful photos accompany the recipes, which are fantastic!
I have had this book for a bit now, as a preview – you can have your own copy on January 22nd! We have made several recipes already, and as always with new books I am super excited about, I have a list to work through!
The chapters are pretty straightforward – beginning with Power Up Appetizers, my favorite. The first recipe I just had to make was the Toasted Protein Mushroom Rolls, and ooooh they were exactly as I hoped – so good! I plan to make the Lentil Balls in Sweet and Spicy Red Sauce and the Rainbow Veggie Protein Pinwheels for our next game day. Cannot wait.
The next chapter is another favorite – Breakfast Power! The Mixed Protein Enchilada Breakfast is my perfect comfort food breakfast, and the Chocolate Blender Muffins are happening soon…
Lunch Bowls is the next chapter, followed by Portable Snacks. where the recipe for these Vegan Peanut Butter Bars can be found. Protein Packed Dinners is another essential chapter, and then there is an entire chapter focused on seitan.
Ginny shares information about the different forms of plant based protein, followed by a great list called “Top Vegan Sources For Protein” with servings sizes as protein counts for each – vegetables and beans, grains. seeds and nuts.
This craveable collection of recipes has something for everyone. Whether you are a seasoned vegan looking for fresh ideas or a new plant based eater ensuring your macro nutrients are on point, this is THE book to start your new year!
It has already become an essential tool in our kitchen.
More Peanut Butter Recipes
More recipes from the book
so super yum!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (*or gluten free all purpose)
- 1/4 cup garbanzo flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (*or gluten free)
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped small
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Mix the sugar and peanut butter with a hand or stand mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes. Mix in the vanilla. Add the flours, baking soda, and baking powder and mix on medium speed. Add the oats and mix for a few seconds. This will be stiff. Add the milk and mix on medium until just combined.
- Fold in the peanuts and dates and make sure everything is well incorporated.
- You can use your hands to press the dough lightly into the prepared dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into sixteen squares and store in the refrigerator.
- *I made this recipe as is, then made a second time using gluten free all purpose flour and certified gluten free oats. There was little difference in the finished bar - both were good.
dairy, egg, soy, oil, and gluten free, vegan
*I made this recipe as is, then made a second time using gluten free all purpose flour and certified gluten free oats. There was little difference in the finished bar - both were good.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Organic Coconut Sugar
- Classic Peanut Butter Only Two Ingredients, Gluten-free, Non-GMO, 16oz
- Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, 4 ounces
- Garbanzo Bean Flour, Gluten Free, Bob's Red Mill - 2 / 16 Oz. Bags
- Baking Soda/Sodium Bicarbonate
- LoveSome Baking Powder, 8.10 Ounce
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, 32 Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.