Classic vegan pickle potato salad is just like mom used to make, with pickle - a picnic favorite gets a plant based update that tastes just like the original!
recipe originally published June 19, 2010
Vegan Pickle Potato Salad
One of my summer food favorites is a classic vegan pickle potato salad that I have adapted over the years from the recipe I grew up with - my moms potato salad. Classic flavors, not a lot of extras to distract from that simplicity I love.
I add extra dill pickle flavor to mine, though. A tangy tasty crunch.
Of course, while we have had a string of record breaking high temperatures, today as I type this I am freezing and the heat is back on. The potato salad is still good, though.
Vegan Summer Recipes
- Chocolate Oat Milk Ice Cream
- Savory Sweet Summer Rolls
- Lightened Up Piña Coladas
- The Best Vegan Burgers
- Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
- Cauliflower Cashew Confetti Salad
- Simple Coconut Cold Brew
- Easy Tomato Refrigerator Jam
- Tangy Pickled Cornichon Slaw
Summer is coming!
Did you make this pickle potato salad?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- Place potatoes in large stock pot with the vegetable bouillon. Add enough water to completely cover potatoes and then some - an inch or two over.
- Bring potatoes to boil, reduce to simmer. Continue at a simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, until potatoes are just tender. Drain immediately and set aside to cool.
- When potatoes are cool, slice into small (half inch) cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cashew cream, vinegar, mustard, diced pickles, salt and pepper.
- Fold in potatoes, stirring gently to combine and coat completely.
- Cover and store in refrigerator. For best taste, enjoy within 3-4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 438mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.