Cauliflower cashew confetti salad has vibrant color and texture - a perfect potluck recipe. Layers of flavor and crunch with a bright lemony shallot dressing.
recipe originally published May 18, 2015
Cauliflower Cashew Confetti Salad
While we are just about right on the edge of warmer days of summer, including all my favorite veggies showing up at the farmers market, I am already craving light and bright.
I am eating salads nearly every day. When I want salad as an entree, it needs to have some oomph or I'll be back in the kitchen making a sandwich in an hour.
This salad brings you quinoa for satisfying protein, as it serves all the senses: crunchy texture, bright colors, vibrant flavors.
Want more cauliflower? See this entire cauliflower recipe collection for more menu ideas!
Perfect Potluck Recipe
This recipe is not only a crowd favorite at all the parties because of the bright colors and vibrant flavors. I love to bring this to BBQs and potlucks because of the ingredient list - fresh, simple, tasty.
A salad that commands its place on the picnic table with no ingredients that have a quick and questionable expiration.
more dairy free salad dressings:
- Vegan Thousand Island Dressing
- Easy Poppyseed Dressing
- Celery Ranch Dressing
- Tangy Lemon Dressing
- Quick Dill Pickle Dressing
- Walnut Mustard Dressing
- Warm “Bacon” Dressing
These forks are from one of my dearest friends that I have known since first grade.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- SWEET TART SHALLOT DRESSING:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon shallot salt (Penzey's)
- CAULIFLOWER CASHEW CONFETTI SALAD:
- 1 head purple cauliflower, cored and chopped
- 1 head orange cauliflower, cored and chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup cashews, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, maple syrup, minced garlic, sumac and shallot salt. Set aside.
- Clean and chop cauliflower and apples, chopping them into uniform small size. Chop cashews.
- Add cauliflower, apples, quinoa and cashews to bowl with the Sweet Tart Shallot Dressing, tossing to combine.
dairy, egg, soy, oil, and gluten free, vegan
Serving Size:½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.