Classic Vegan Potato Salad – just like mom used to make, with pickle – a picnic favorite gets a plant based update that tastes just like the original!
Classic Vegan Pickle Potato Salad
I am so ready for summer.
For longer and warmer days, when our patio and deck become an extension of the living room. We are ready to drag out the patio furniture, fire up the grill, have people over for all the summer food favorites.
One of my summer food favorites is a Classic Vegan Pickle Potato Salad that I have adapted over the years from the recipe I grew up with – my moms potato salad. Classic flavors, not a lot of extras to distract from that simplicity I love.
I add extra dill pickle flavor to mine, though. A tangy tasty crunch.
Of course, while we have had a string of record breaking high temperatures, today as I type this I am freezing and the heat is back on. The potato salad is still good, though.
Vegan Summer Recipes
Summer is coming!
- Place potatoes in large stock pot with the vegetable bouillon. Add enough water to completely cover potatoes and then some - an inch or two over.
- Bring potatoes to boil, reduce to simmer. Continue at a simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, until potatoes are just tender. Drain immediately and set aside to cool.
- When potatoes are cool, slice into small (half inch) cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cashew cream, vinegar, mustard, diced pickles, salt and pepper.
- Fold in potatoes, stirring gently to combine and coat completely.
- Cover and store in refrigerator. For best taste, enjoy within 3-4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 438mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Protein: 6g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.