This kimchi bowl with red curry almond sauce is the ultimate vegan rice bowl recipe! Bright, vibrant and packed with flavor and probiotic goodness!
recipe originally published July 13, 2016
Kimchi Bowl with Red Curry Almond Sauce
Kimchi is one of those things I could eat every day.
With all the benefits, I should eat it every day: low fat, high fiber, probiotic, boosts metabolism and immunity. Plus, I love all things spicy and super flavorful. In this recipe, I am using my new semi-local favorite - the gloriously gingered kimchi from Firefly Kitchens in Seattle.
Vegan Bowl Recipe
I am beyond giddy for my friend (and wedding photographer!) Jackie - her book Vegan Bowl Attack! is out THIS FRIDAY! I love meals in bowls, and along with everyone else, have been anxiously awaiting for this one. Plus, Jackie is hardworking and extremely talented, and I love to celebrate my friends!
Jackie's recipes have always been approachable, easy, and flavorful - just my style. The first thing I made from her stunning book was the Spicy Sushi Bowl, which lived up to the anticipation. I love all things sushi flavored. The Biscuit Nacho Bowl was next, because comfort food.
Vegan Rice Bowl
Smoky Corn Chowder Bread Bowl was next, because honestly, I cannot stop eating the Smoky Corn Chowder on the Summer Veggie Grill menu, and I never say no to a bread bowl. The Fish Taco Bowl is one I keep thinking about - I will make that soon, and the Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl is in the plans for this weekend. Dessert bowls Raw Apple Crisp and S'mores Pudding are also happening. and the Southern Comfort Bowl - you're just gonna have to get the book for that goodness.
Vegan Bowl Attack has a recipe for every craving, something for everyone. This Kimchi Bowl with Red Curry Almond Sauce is damn good - bright colors and layers of vibrant flavor. Everything I love in a bowl - this is definitely my latest favorite!
More vegan bowl recipes
- Buffalo Ranch Veggie Bowl
- Vibrant Spaghetti Squash Bowl with Smoky Waffled Tofu
- Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper Bowls
- Cauliflower Cashew Confetti Salad
- Bourbon Roasted Delicata Comfort Bowls
- Spicy Peanut Veggie Noodle Bowl
- Vegan Buffalo Wing Salad
- One Skillet Veggie Bean Burrito Bowls
I have made that Red Curry Almond Sauce three times already. It is going on everything.
Kimchi Bowl with Red Curry Almond Sauce recipes reprinted from Vegan Bowl Attack!: More than 100 One-Dish Meals Packed with Plant-Based Power By Jackie Sobon, published by Fair Winds Press
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 cup (184 g) long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups (245 ml) water
- ½ pound (225 g) broccoli florets
- 1 can (15 ounces, or 425 g) adzuki beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) liquid aminos
- 1 cup (170 g) store-bought vegan kimchi
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) black sesame seeds
RED CURRY ALMOND SAUCE:
- Place the rice and water in a rice cooker (that has a steamer basket) and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is soft.
- For the last 5 minutes of the rice cooking, place the broccoli florets in the steamer basket and cook until bright green and slightly crunchy.
- In a small pot over medium heat, mix the adzuki beans with the liquid aminos and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the rice and broccoli among 4 bowls. Divide the adzuki beans among the bowls. Place one-quarter of the kimchi in each bowl and drizzle the red curry almond sauce over the top.
- Garnish with the black sesame seeds and serve.
- RED CURRY ALMOND SAUCE:
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until smooth.
dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lundberg Family Farms Organic Long Grain Rice, Brown, 32 Ounce
Food to Live Organic Adzuki Sprouting Beans (Kosher) (1 Pound)
Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos Sauce Organic 8 oz (1 Pack)
Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Black Sesame Seeds - 2 Pounds
Almond Butter, 16 Ounce
Thai Kitchen Gluten Free Red Curry Paste, 4 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 17gSugar: 7gProtein: 18g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.