These skillet veggie burrito bowls are quick and easy protein packed bowls have fresh veggies and great flavor! This is our favorite weeknight dinner.
recipe originally published April 26, 2017
Easy One Skillet Dinner
We have been eating all the salads this week. Salads are a favorite because coming up with different ingredients, toppings, and flavors is, well, a favorite.
Especially good? A warm protein over crisp, cool greens.
I often crave the crunch of a sturdy lettuce, the bright sweet of a piquillo pepper, the mild heat of a fresh sliced jalapeño. I crave all of that, while also wanting a satisfying and filling lunch to get me through the afternoon.
Adding a crunch of a favorite spicy chip is always good too.
Tortilla chips are like croutons for my salads.
Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowls
Since these already have cauliflower rice, a lower carb burrito bowl is an easy tweak. Adding more protein rich veggies (spinach, broccoli), avocado, and even cashews for crunch and rich flavor.
Adding tofu or tempeh in place of the beans keeps the protein and makes it a meal.
Burritos and bowls for life.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 head cauliflower, stemmed and riced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ⅓ cup Easy Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2 cups fresh corn (or canned, frozen)
- 2 fresh jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and diced
- romaine or lettuce greens of your choice
- roasted red peppers, sliced or diced
- tortilla chips
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté riced cauliflower in a bit of water. Add garlic and cumin, continue to sauté until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add enchilada sauce, stir into cauliflower. Add beans, corn, and jalapeño - stir to combine. Continue to cook over medium heat another couple minutes to warm through.
- While beans and "rice" cook, prep bowls: clean and chop lettuce, slice roasted red peppers, eat a couple tortilla chips...
- Top lettuce greens with warm bean and "rice" mixture. Finish with red peppers and a few chips.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan recipe
Low Carb Burrito Bowls:
To make these lower carb:
- Add protein rich veggies (spinach, broccoli)
- Add avocado
- Cashews for crunch and rich flavor
- Add tofu or tempeh in place of the beans
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 17gSugar: 9gProtein: 15g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.