crispy treat pumpkin patch

This week has brought some stresses – some that have tried my patience and some that are GOOD – remember there is something called eustress? Stress that is healthy or fulfilling.

Some exciting things happening, and I’ll talk about them soon!

In the meantime, my extra antsy hands worked while my mind processed. I used to have a pretty substantial solitaire habit, where I would process and plan during mindless mouse movements.

If it weren’t for these pumpkins, I would have been getting familiar with freecell this week.

A basic rice crispie treat or popcorn ball would work for these pumpkin patches of confection. I used my favorite, orange cardamom rice crispies.

I found some gelatin free and gluten free green jelly beans (actually free of many allergens!), green florist wire, and a lot of extra energy to expend.

Jason gave me some dark chocolate pomegranate seeds for my birthday. Little did I know they would make great jack o lanterns.

If I hadn’t colored these orange (SEELECT is natural / organic), they’d look like mummies. Hmm…

What flavor should I make the mummy treats?Β

Comments

heee – yep, that’s what I was doing! πŸ˜€ it was good times – therapeutic! LOVE YOU TOO, my dear! XO

mmm, mint would be nice, just a hint of mint. πŸ˜‰ I’m glad I asked – you all are coming up with great ideas! happy Thursday, Lisa B! Basil sends wag wag wags!

the coloring I use is natural and organic – linked in the post, here it is again –> SEELECT I love these, and have used them a lot. when reordering, the colors are sometimes different each time, but that’s okay. they have great colors for being natural! :)

Where did you find the GF and vegan jelly beans??? I was searching for them yesterday and wa-la, here is your post. Help me, oh wise jelly belly guru :)
    P.S. LOVE this post too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and one more ! There.

Toooo adorable! And mummy ones are coming up too?? I’d vote for hazelnut, but that’s mostly because I’m currently on a hazelnut kick.

Get out of town with these allergen free jelly beans! I’m wiping my eyes because I don’t believe it. Wait… Yup, I read it correctly. Must go to the mall now. Maybe I will take off work today. *cough* *sniffle* I’m feeling a cold coming on :) hehe. THANKS!!!

haa haaaa! I love it, Cara! yep, you sound kinda like you may need a HALF day, at least!! πŸ˜€ I know, I could not believe it either! so happy!

KRIS! You’ve outdone yourself. These are so adorable…and I know tasty, as well. I used to play Solitaire for hours when I was in 7th grade. Hahaha. Glad you found something to keep your hands busy. :) Sounds like some exciting things are happening for you and that makes me so HAPPY!

I kinda miss my solitaire game – but know I should stay away from it? :) although it is an effective “processing” tool for me. and thank you – something new on the horizon for me, I’ll talk more about it soon! πŸ˜€ your support means a lot, my friend!

hee – right? πŸ˜€ they’re pretty fun – and I just can’t get over the orange cardamom flavor – YUM :)

mmm, vanilla caramel sounds SO good. someone else suggested ZOMBIES… so maybe those could be caramel πŸ˜‰

hi Heather!! yep – that’s how I feel too – especially Halloween, I always feel I can be FUN with that one.

thanks for the reminder, Averie πŸ˜‰ I think I had already submitted by your comment, but it’s always helpful (I sometimes forget!) πŸ˜€

happy weekend!

Or zombies! Zombie rice krispie treats. And you could make one of them eating another one’s head.

Chocolate-covered pomegranate seeds sound intriguing!

haa – now you have me thinking, with zombies! :) the pomegranate seeds are good – if you ever see them I recommend you try – a tart and sweet combination!

6. francis says

so creative and festive – I may make these with our children today, they love to get involved in the kitchen!

thanks, I found you recently from gojee and have been enjoying your recipes and photography.

Those are so cute! Do you know if those jellybeans use beeswax to make them shiny? No judgements if they do and that doesn’t bother you, I was just curious.

aw, man. the one thing I didn’t think of… I did ask over the phone if they had vegan + gluten free jelly beans – I’m now thinking they said yes based on the fact they do not have gelatin. and that some people do not consider honey + beeswax a bad thing (I just had another conversation about this yesterday!! my argument is that it’s the same as an egg.) πŸ˜‰

I don’t know for sure, but now that you say it, I would not be surprised if beeswax was in the coating… *sigh*

8. Hannah-lyz says

OOoooh these are fantastic!! I love your photographs! So artistic ^^ I’d go for caramel-mummies! And maybe some mint-green-ghouls? And white-chocolate skulls… hmm, I think I may be feeling the halloween spirit! =D

Trackbacks