Powder Pink Strawberry Puppy Chow – a Vegan Muddy Buddies recipe for Valentines, Easter, Springtime and Summer – this colorful sweet fruity treat is for any time of year!
Vegan Muddy Buddies
It is already that time of year where I talk incessantly about how it is staying lighter later in the day. When I flip out with a tiny glimmer of sunshine. I look silly while smelling the air because it is so fresh and … almost spring like.
Spring and Fall are by far my favorite seasons, but I think spring edges out fall just a bit, because it is such a stark contrast to the dark and cold winter. I love light and bright, and cannot wait for warm and sunshine.
Vegan Valentines Recipes
As you know, my food tends to get lighter with the seasons too.
Generally that means fresher, as more farmers markets open and temps rise. When it is warm, we want to eat fresh and light, right?
While we are still a while away from all that, a first glimpse of spring also brings more color to my recipes. With holidays like Valentines Day just around the corner, I make all sorts of pink and red treats.
I have not made a Vegan Muddy Buddies / Puppy Chow recipe in so long.
Like, maybe college? Back in my pageant and awards show party days?
This one is sweet and fruity and crispy crunchy colorful.
Chocolate and cashew butter coated cereal takes a tumble in strawberry powder and sugar. Pretty dang simple, pretty darn quick.
and so SO much fun, right?
Gluten Free Cereals
I cannot get a straight answer on whether Chex cereal is vegan. Some say the Vitamin D3 it is fortified with is not a vegan source. At least here in the states where I am it is not – other places – Canada, for one – it sounds like Chex cereal is indeed vegan.
Then some say the Rice Chex is vegan, not fortified.
For my Powder Pink Strawberry Puppy Chow recipe, I used cereal squares that multiple sources list as vegan. This one is also gluten free.
and it is tasty in a bowl with cashew milk. That’s a good thing too.
pretty in pink puppy chow.
- Pour powdered sugar into large (gallon size) reusable plastic zip baggie. Set aside.
- Add freeze dried strawberries to blender. Blend at highest speed until strawberry pieces are powder. Transfer strawberry powder to baggie with powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler with a large bowl, or using a large microwave safe bowl, carefully melt chocolate and cashew butter. Stir to combine.
- Add cereal squares to melted chocolate mixture. Stir / fold to coat completely.
- Carefully spoon chocolate coated cereal squares into baggie with powdered sugar. Seal baggie closed, leaving some air inside. Turn / shake baggie to coat each cereal square with strawberry powdered sugar.
- Transfer Powder Pink Strawberry Puppy Chow to serving bowls.
- Store in airtight container or plastic baggie with the air squeezed out.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 365 Everyday Value, Freeze Dried Strawberry Slices, 1.2 Ounce
- Lakanto Monkfruit 2:1 Powder Sugar Substitute | 1 Ib NON GMO (Classic Powder)
- 365 Everyday Value, Cashew Butter Creamy, 16 Ounce
- Van's Natural Foods - Cinnamon Heaven, Whole Grain Gluten Free Cereal (Also NO; Dairy, Corn & Egg), Get SIX Boxes and SAVE, Each Box has 11 Oz (Pack of 6)
- 365 Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, 12 Ounce
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 86mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 12g Protein: 3g
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.