these Pumpkin Caramel Chocolates are tasty, and have a short ingredient list! learn how easy it is to make filled chocolates!
recipe originally published October 11, 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS – Jump to any section:
Pumpkin Caramel Chocolates
This is Halloween, this is Halloween. Halloween, Halloween!
(see our Pepper Jacks Recipe Collection for Halloween dinner ideas!)
I love truffles and chocolates, and make them year round.
The skulls, however! These are seen less often, and although they do come out for non Halloween celebrations, this is absolutely the time of year for skulls.
Years ago, I shared with you all a Ginger Wasabi Chocolate Skull… still a favorite flavor combination.
This year, the filling is a nod to the season – my favorite Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce!
Homemade Halloween candy
If you are a year round pumpkin eater like me? These can be any old every day chocolate, with or without the skull mold!
You could use heart shapes, like these Lavender Cream Truffles.
or mustache on a stick, like these Chipotle Ganache Truffles!
I would welcome Pumpkin Caramel Chocolates any time of year, though.
How To Make Filled Chocolates
Whenever I gift a box of truffles or bring a tray of chocolates to a party, there is all kinds of amazement. Yes, a filled chocolate is an impressive handmade gift or party dessert, but they are not difficult.
They do take a bit of patience. But really, only a bit. I know, because that is all I have. Patience is not my virtue!
They are not difficult, and they are really so much fun – the filling flavors are endless – as endless as the shape of mold.
This method really is easy:
- Carefully melt the chocolate over low heat in a double boiler
- Add chocolate to mold, a thin layer covering the entire surface
- Transfer to refrigerator to set
- Make filling and fill molds, leaving room for more chocolate at top
- Melt more chocolate and fill the rest of the mold, sealing edges
- Return to refrigerator to set chocolate
More Halloween recipes
- Frito Pie Pepper Jacks
- Deep Dish Pizza Pot Pie (Skellington Edition)
- Chai Spiked Pumpkin Milkshake
- Pizza Pepper Jacks
- Ginger Wasabi Chocolates
- Protein Cookie Haunted House
- Carrot Ginger Quinoa Pepper Jacks
- Double Chocolate Truffle Skulls
Just LOOK at that spicy sweet pumpkin caramel…
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- Make Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce. (This takes several hours - I make mine the day before.)
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt chopped chocolate until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Spoon a small amount of melted chocolate into each mold. Using a small paintbrush or spoon, completely coat the inner walls of the mold with chocolate. Place in refrigerator for 5 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Fill each mold with Pumpkin Caramel filling*, leaving room at the top to seal with more chocolate. *If making the Pumpkin Caramel the same day as the chocolates, make sure the Pumpkin Caramel is cooled before adding to / filling the chocolate molds.
- Reheat remaining chocolate and fill each mold, covering the filling completely.
- Carefully tap molds on counter to remove any bubbles, return to refrigerator to set.
- Store in refrigerator. Enjoy within 10 days.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.