This deep dish pizza pot pie has your favorite pizza flavors in a single serve size! Make pizza pot pies on game day, or as trick or treating fun with our Halloween version.
recipe originally published October 14, 2017
TABLE OF CONTENTS - Jump to any section:
Individual Pot Pie
At Home Pizza Party!
See all of our pie recipes for Pi Day!
Here's a fun house party activity - make a bunch of pie dough, and portion them into smaller size balls. Prep a bunch of your favorite pizza toppings and sauce.
Invite your friends over, have them roll their own pie (or line the small pans ahead of time), and choose their fillings.
Enjoy a glass of wine or shake up a cocktail and enjoy a visit with your friends while these mini pizza pot pies bake.
How to make pizza pot pie
We love all kinds of pizza, but sometimes, only the classic flavors will do. Red sauce. Salty kalamatas. Melty cheese. Fresh picked basil.
Roll out a quick pie dough, fill the whole thing up with mushrooms, and you’ve got our latest Deep Dish Pizza Pot Pie.
…and when we make these around Halloween? Grab a paring knife and carefully carve your favorite Halloween themed pie topper. It really is easy!
We love a Jack Skellington face.
Comfort Food Recipe
These can be made all year long, with or without the skeleton face. You can simply cut some simple vents in the top crust, or make them for Pi Day!
The traditional pizza flavors are what we went with here, and what we crave most. Obviously, your Deep Dish Pizza Pot Pie can be customized to your own favorites. Sometimes we skip the pizza sauce, add a bunch of veggies and make it more of a traditional pot pie. Yum.
Controversy – where do you stand on the PINEAPPLE PIZZA debate? Yes, pineapple is delicious on pizza? or… no.
Tell us your thoughts on pineapple.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
Deep Dish Pizza Pot Pie
an individual pot pie is a craveable comfort food classic that is always welcome! create custom deep dish pizza for everyone!
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup Slow Cooker Basil Marinara
- 1 pint crimini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 tablespoons kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 ounces vegan cheese
- small bunch / several leaves fresh basil, torn or chopped
- 1 Easy Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust recipe
- Preheat oven to 385 °F.
- Roll out pie crust. Cut four rounds the same size as the pans you are using. These will be the top crusts - cut vents into them, or carve any design. Set aside.
- Re roll pie crust as needed - into a square shape. Cut into four pieces of similar size, should be large enough to line the bottom and sides of each pan.
- Grease the individual springform pans or ramekins. Line each pan with pie dough.
- Spoon a couple tablespoons of red sauce into each pan; spread to generously coat bottom of pie crust evenly (using as much as needed to coat).
- Add a generous amount of sliced mushrooms, filling about ½ to ⅔ full. Top with kalamatas, cheese shreds or sauce, and fresh basil.
- Carefully top each pot pie with reserved pie crusts.
- Bake at 385 °F for 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. (Check after 25 minutes or so, covering crust with foil if it is getting dark.)
- Garnish with more fresh basil. Serve immediately.
- Wrap cooled leftovers in foil and refrigerate. Enjoy within 2 days - unwrap from foil, reheat in oven.
dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
jenna urben says
Well, I know what I'm serving on Halloween! I've never actually had a deep dish pizza and it's been ages since I indulged in a pot pie. This is calling my name! As for pineapple... Maybe I'll give it a try 😉
Shay Lachendro says
This is so fun! Growing up my parents would ask us each week what we wanted for dinner - my brother would ALWAYS say "Pizza Pot Pie"!
Shirley @ Gluten Free Easily says
Holy wow, Kristina!! What a brilliant idea!! I'll skip the pineapple and the olives on my pizza but that will allow more for you, right? 😉