a Deep Dish Pizza Pot Pie is our latest game day fave – classic flavors of pizza in a single serve pot pie! make ahead and bake right before serving.
Deep Dish Pizza Pot Pie
We have had some serious pizza cravings here lately.
We love all kinds of pizza, but sometimes, only the classic flavors will do. Red sauce. Salty kalamatas. Melty cheese. Fresh picked basil.
Roll out a quick pie dough, fill the whole thing up with mushrooms, and you’ve got our latest Deep Dish Pizza Pot Pie.
…and when we make these around Halloween?
This is Halloween, This is Halloween! Halloween, Halloween!
I first made the skeleton version of the Deep Dish Pizza Pot Pie recipe a couple years ago, but just shared it on Instagram – snapped it as I made them, you know?
Go figure – everyone and their dog wanted the recipe.
I finally remade them a few weeks ago on one of those sweet little lazy football Sundays. We have wanted to make them again every weekend since.
These can be made all year long, with or without the skeleton face. You can simply cut some simple vents in the top crust, or make them for Pi Day!
These pizzas are a great alternative to all the Pepper Jacks…
Classic Red Sauce Pizza
The traditional pizza flavors are what we went with here, and what we crave most. Obviously, your Deep Dish Pizza Pot Pie can be customized to your own favorites.
Controversy – where do you stand on the PINEAPPLE PIZZA debate? Yes, pineapple is delicious on pizza? or… no.
Tell us your thoughts on pineapple.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup Slow Cooker Basil Marinara
- 1 pint crimini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 tablespoons kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 ounces vegan jack cheese (grated) or Tangy Cheese Sauce
- several large leaves fresh basil, torn or chopped
- 1 Easy Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust recipe
- Preheat oven to 385 °F.
- Roll out pie crust. Cut four rounds the same size as the pans you are using. These will be the top crusts - cut vents into them, or carve any design. Set aside.
- Re roll pie crust as needed - into a square shape. Cut into four pieces of similar size, should be large enough to line the bottom and sides of each pan.
- Grease the individual springform pans or ramekins. Line each pan with pie dough.
- Spoon a couple tablespoons of red sauce into each pan; spread to generously coat bottom of pie crust evenly (using as much as needed to coat).
- Add a generous amount of sliced mushrooms, filling about 1/2 to 2/3 full. Top with kalamatas, cheese shreds or sauce, and fresh basil.
- Carefully top each pot pie with reserved pie crusts.
- Bake at 385 °F for 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. (Check after 25 minutes or so, covering crust with foil if it is getting dark.)
- Garnish with more fresh basil. Serve immediately.
- Wrap cooled leftovers in foil and refrigerate. Enjoy within 2 days - unwrap from foil, reheat in oven.
dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 209mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 10g
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.