this vegan Snickerdoodle Smoothie is a mildly sweet smoothie with that distinct flavor of the cookie! perfect for breakfast, snack, post workout! also: what is a snickerdoodle?
recipe originally published November 18, 2015
Table of Contents
What Is A Snickerdoodle
I have seen quite a few snickerdoodle recipes in the recent months, and none of them have cream of tartar. That is what differentiates a snickerdoodle from… a cinnamon cookie.
All the snickerdoodles I grew up with, anyway.
…and how I learned to make them in school. Cream of tartar is a leavening agent like baking soda or powder, but it also brings a tangy Snickerdoodle flavor. A snickerdoodle needs that distinctive tang.
see our Sugared Snickerdoodle Bread recipe!
Vegan Snickerdoodle Smoothie
I created a Quinoa Snickerdoodle for the We Love Quinoa cookbook, which you can all see in January. In the meantime, I will share with you the quick, easy, and tangy sweet Vegan Snickerdoodle Smoothie I have been enjoying since late summer.
Cream of tartar is for the sole purpose of flavor here – I know, it’s weird, but… it’s a Snickerdoodle Smoothie. Without the cream of tartar, this is a cinnamon smoothie.
How To Make A Snickerdoodle Smoothie
As is, this Snickerdoodle Smoothie recipe has 14 grams protein and 9 grams fiber.
This smoothie uses one of my go to dairy free milks – cashew. Feel free to use your favorite – for a creamy smoothie I recommend a rich milk like cashew or hemp.
The nut butter brings richness and protein. I prefer a sunflower seed or cashew butter, for a neutral flavor. Peanut and even almond are great, but will change the flavor.
- want more protein? add a scoop of your favorite powder. vanilla would be good.
- less sugar? reduce or omit the dates. if your banana is ripe, it may be sweet enough.
- don’t like bananas? I get it. dates will add enough sweetness.
Vegan Smoothie Recipes
- Light Bright Lemon Smoothie
- Double Chocolate Smoothie with Salted Pepitas
- Cool Vanilla Mint Cashew Milk
just look at those flecks of vanilla and cinnamon…
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend at high speed until smooth, increasing milk for thinner consistency.
- Top with cinnamon, and granola for crunch.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Vitamix 5300 Blender, Professional 64 oz. Low-Profile Container
- Unsweetened Cashew Milk - 32 Fluid Ounces
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Medjool Dates, 2 Pounds
- SunButter Organic Sunflower Seed Spread, 16-Ounce Plastic Jar
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic White Chia Seeds, 1 Pound
- Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, 4 ounces
- McCormick Ground Cinnamon, 2.37 Oz
- 365 Everyday Value, Cream of Tartar, 3.52 Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 308mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 9gSugar: 20gProtein: 14g
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.