a sweet loaf of Sugared Vanilla Snickerdoodle Bread has all the sweet and tangy flavors of our favorite cinnamon cookie. vegan and gluten free cake!
Sugared Vanilla Snickerdoodle Bread
My favorite childhood cookie was not a classic Chocolate Chip.
Nope - I loved the tangy, lightly sweet Snickerdoodle. Not the simple cinnamon cookie so many think it is - a true Snickerdoodle gets that tang from an essential ingredient that not everyone uses - cream of tartar.
I love that unique snickerdoodle flavor so much, I transformed that flavor into a Snickerdoodle Smoothie. Unusual, but so tasty.
Gluten Free Baking
Like most of the recipes I make, this soft and fluffy Sugared Vanilla Snickerdoodle Bread loaf is gloriously gluten free! If you want to make this and do not need to be gluten free, a regular all purpose flour will work in place of the gluten free all purpose blend.
If you are gluten free? No need for a pantry full of flours - one does the trick with this recipe! There is a note about the flour - I have a suggestion and a preference for cake and quick bread recipes.
My flour of choice is local to me Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour. It works especially well in recipes like this one - cakes and quick breads - because the ingredient list does not include gums. This is my go to for most gluten free baking.
Those One to One straight sub type flours (and other flours with gums) work GREAT for cookies. Perfectly crisp or gloriously chewy cookies. For cakes and breads, the gums tend to result in a... well... GUMMY texture! That is my opinion from many of my baking experiences, anyway.
This Sugared Vanilla Snickerdoodle Bread is great as is. For a festive finish, I do like to drizzle a bit of a vanilla glaze over the top, and sometimes follow that up with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
You can do one, or either, or both! Or none!
another fun Bakers Tip: Even if you don't plan to serve it then, make a loaf right before a party or having guests over. Your kitchen smells so good.
even another tip? Make a second loaf and French Toast it!
Seriously - a soft, fluffy cake version of a Snickerdoodle cookie. Mmm.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 2 tablespoons flax seed, freshly ground
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅔ cup vegan granulated sugar
- ½ cup dairy free milk
- ½ cup dairy free vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup coconut oil or dairy free butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or paste
- 1 ½ cups gluten free all purpose flour *See note
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray a loaf pan and line with parchment.
- Grind flax seed in blender, coffee grinder. Place ground flax in a bowl, add water and stir. Set aside to gel (this equals / replaces two eggs).
- In large mixing bowl, cream together sugar, milk, yogurt, oil, and vanilla.
- Add on top of wet ingredients without mixing: flour, cinnamon, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt. Mix the tartar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt into the flour, then mix flour into wet ingredient mixture.
- Stir in flax gel.
- Pour into prepared (parchment, spray) full size loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for 40 - 45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from pans. Set on cooling racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, *adjusting milk to suit the consistency you prefer. Drizzle over cooled bread.
- Store in covered container. Enjoy within 3 days.
For cake and bread recipes, I prefer gluten free flour blends without xanthan gum. Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose does not include gums.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Organic Ground Flaxseed, 24 Ounce
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour, 22-ounce
365 Everyday Value, Organic Coconut Oil, 14 Fluid Ounce
Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
Ground Cinnamon, 2.37 Oz
365 Baking Powder, 10 Ounce
365 Everyday Value, Cream of Tartar, 3.52 Ounce
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.