Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Cookies – soft and fresh with sweet berries and a tangy cheesecake flavor, these gluten free vegan cookies are everyone’s new favorite!
Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
Raspberries are high on my list of favorite fruit.
My favorite are the local farmers market berries I inhale by the pint, and I cannot wait for those. In the meantime, I buy them every so often from the co-op.
This next recipe for Vegan Valentines – Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Cookies – is one I have had in my head for a bit. I have wanted to add fresh fruit to a cookie, and a cheesecake component just naturally fits with raspberry, doesn’t it?
These cookies are at their best warm fresh from the oven, which is why this recipe is a small batch. I store them in the refrigerator, and put them in the toaster oven for a bit – bringing back their warm freshness.
If you use freeze dried raspberries, the cookies ‘last’ longer than the fresh fruit cookie – but I like to make these when I’m taking them to a party or BBQ – where they will be enjoyed same day or next.
Vegan & Gluten Free Cookies
My go to dessert is rarely a cookie, but this recipe may change that – everyone who tasted these loved them! The cookie dough has a mild sweetness, with raspberries adding that natural tart sweetness throughout. The cream cheese brings the dense cheesecake aspect to this dough, which might be my favorite part.
I will be making these often once summer hits – blackberries, blueberries, even strawberries.
Vegan Dessert Recipes
What is your favorite berry? Would you add it to a cookie?
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (flax + water works too)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or dairy free butter)
- 1/3 cup dairy free cream cheese (non hydrogenated), softened
- 1/2 cup vegan granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 pint fresh raspberries (heaping 1/2 cup), sliced in half
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- If using flax in place of aquafaba: grind flax seed in blender, coffee grinder. Place 1 tablespoon ground flax in a bowl, add water and stir. Set aside (this equals / replaces one egg).
- Cream together coconut oil / butter, cream cheese, and sugar; stir in aquafaba / flax mixture.
- Add flour to the top of this mixture, do not stir. Add cornstarch, baking powder, and salt, stirring into the flour. Fold dry ingredients a couple turns, not incorporating completely. Add sliced raspberries and lemon zest, continue to carefully fold until completely combined.
- Drop cookies by spoonful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 °F for approximately 15 minutes.
- Store covered in refrigerator for 3 days.
dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 365 Everyday Value, Organic Coconut Oil, 14 Fluid Ounce
- Organic Cane Sugar (3 lbs) by Anthony's, Gluten-Free Non-GMO
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour, 22-ounce
- Rumford Corn Starch - Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Thickener for Sauce, Soup, Gravy, Vegan, Vegetarian, Resealable Can - 12 oz (1)
- 365 Everyday Value, Baking Powder, 10 Ounce
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- Silicone Whisk Spatula Spoonula Brush Set of 6 - Red
- FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 91 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 82mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 2g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.