this vegan Brownie Bottom Cheesecake is the most requested cheesecake we make! A rich brownie base topped with a traditional New York Cheesecake.
Gluten Free Vegan Cheesecake
For my birthday, Jason brought home tasty cupcakes from one of our favorite vegan/gluten free bakeries.
I also had an amazing dessert with my birthday dinner, which I still need to tell you all about. Soon.
Oh, and then I made cupcakes for my birthday party with the family.
Even with all the desserts, I still wanted to make a birthday cake. This year I combined two of my all time favorite desserts - brownies and cheesecake - into one glorious and decadent treat, a Brownie Bottom Cheesecake.
Jason describes this as 'tangy, not too sweet' which is how we both love cheesecake. The brownie base makes up for the classic not too sweet cake, though. Perfect.
More vegan chocolate desserts
- Delectably Rich Vegan Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Pumpkin Caramel Chocolates
- Chocolate Covered Oreo Cashew Truffles
- Tasty Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Bars
- Vegan Twix Cookie Bars
- Double Chocolate Smoothie with Salted Pepitas
Yep. This was just as good as I imagined.
Did You Make This Brownie Bottom Cheesecake?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease the inside of a springform pan. Wrap foil around the outside bottom portion of the springform pan, to safeguard against any leaks.
- Prepare brownie batter and pour into prepared (greased, foil wrapped) 9 inch spring-form pan.
- Smooth into even layer, spreading up the sides for a higher crust edge if desired. Bake at 350 °F for 15 minutes, remove to cool.
- In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, flaxseed, and lemon juice. Fold together until just incorporated.
- Pour over cooled brownie crust, smooth into an even layer.
- Bake at 350 °F for 45-55 minutes. Once firm and set, turn oven off, open door and leave cheesecake inside. Cool completely, cover and refrigerate, preferably overnight.
- *recipe updated to replace a stevia baking blend I no longer use
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:one slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.