Brownie Bottomed Cheesecake – the most outrageous and glorious gluten free vegan cheesecake we make! Rich brownie base, topped with a traditional New York Cheesecake.
Gluten Free Vegan Cheesecake
For my birthday, Jason brought home tasty cupcakes from one of our favorite vegan/gluten free bakeries.
I also had an amazing dessert with my birthday dinner, which I still need to tell you all about. Soon.
Oh, and then I made cupcakes for my birthday party with the family.
Even with all the desserts, I still wanted to make a birthday cake. This year I combined two of my all time favorite desserts – brownies and cheesecake – into one glorious and decadent treat.
Jason describes this as ‘tangy, not too sweet’ which is how we both love cheesecake. The brownie base makes up for the classic not too sweet cake, though. Perfect.
Vegan Chocolate Desserts
[insert Homer Simpson drooling sound here]
Yep. This was just as good as I imagined.
- 1 batch brownies
- 24 ounces Vegan Cream Cheese, (or 3 - 8 ounce containers dairy free cream cheese)
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground flaxseed
- juice of 1/ lemon (2-3 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Prepare brownie batter and pour into prepared (greased, foil wrapped) 9 inch spring-form pan.
- Smooth into even layer, spreading up the sides for a higher crust edge if desired. Bake at 350 °F for 15 minutes, remove to cool.
- In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, flaxseed, and lemon juice. Fold together until just incorporated.
- Pour over cooled brownie crust, smooth into an even layer.
- Bake at 350 °F for 45-55 minutes. Once firm and set, turn oven off, open door and leave cheesecake inside. Cool completely, cover and refrigerate, preferably overnight.
- *recipe updated to replace a stevia baking blend I no longer use
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:one slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 73mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 9g Protein: 5g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.