This vegan gluten free brownie bottom cheesecake is the most requested cheesecake we make! If you need an impressive dessert, fudgy brownies topped with a rich cheesecake is it!
recipe originally published September 26, 2010
Gluten Free Vegan Cheesecake
This delicious brownie bottom cheesecake is the best of two of my favorite desserts combined into one.
The bottom is a deliciously fudgy brownie. The top is our dairy free version of a traditional New York Cheesecake. This is seriously the richest gluten-free vegan cheesecake you will ever have.
The full recipe for this brownie version is below, and if you want all the tips to make the best cheesecake, see this New York Cheesecake recipe and information.
More vegan chocolate desserts
- Delectably Rich Vegan Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Pumpkin Caramel Chocolates
- Chocolate Covered Oreo Cashew Truffles
- Tasty Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Bars
- Vegan Twix Cookie Bars
- Double Chocolate Smoothie with Salted Pepitas
Did You Make This Brownie Bottom Cheesecake?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease the inside of a springform pan. Wrap foil around the outside bottom portion of the springform pan, to safeguard against any leaks.
- Prepare brownie batter and pour into prepared (greased, foil wrapped) 9 inch spring-form pan.
- Smooth into even layer, spreading up the sides for a higher crust edge if desired. Par bake at 350 °F for 15 minutes, remove to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add sour cream, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice, stir to combine. Add cream cheese and combine until smooth (I use a stand or hand mixer for this).
- Pour over cooled brownie crust, smooth into an even layer.
- Bake at 350 °F for 45-55 minutes. Once firm and set, turn oven off, open door and leave cheesecake inside. Cool completely, cover and refrigerate, preferably overnight.
The cheesecake in these photos was made in a 7-inch springform pan, so it is tall. This recipe can also be made in a larger, 9-inch pan, it will be a more "shallow" (regular size) cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:one slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.