these vegan almond crescent cookies are the rich and buttery, light and crispy nostalgia of childhood holidays. the star of our gift cookie trays!
recipe originally published December 13, 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Vegan Almond Crescent Cookies
These vegan vanilla almond crescent cookies are perfectly sweet, buttery richness in an updated, plant based version. This recipe is free from dairy, eggs, soy, and gluten, and is just as tasty as the traditional cookie!
Do you have a favorite cookie? Like, all time favorite, a thing that began in childhood?
Crescent Cookies would be mine. Mildly sweet, buttery, simple. Like a soft, fluffy shortbread, covered in sugary powder. Mmm. Now mine are Vegan Crescent Cookies, and they are divine. Gluten free too, and still they have the same flavor and feel.
Crescent Cookie Ingredient Variations
We generally make these cookies with almond – we always have almond meal / flour. You can use coarse almond meal, or grind your own almonds.
These cookies are also often made with pecans or walnuts, ground into a coarse flour. The rest of the ingredients are pretty much the same.
When I was a kid, my mom had a baking cookbook. It had a recipe for a flour mixture, then each recipe called for a certain amount of that flour mixture. You had to have the flour mixture to make the recipe. We rarely baked from that book.
That is where her crescent cookie recipe came from. I always wanted to make it!
I have a few favorite gluten free all purpose flour blends, so that takes care of the flour portion of that rarely made recipe. The rest I adapted from mom’s cookies and a recipe from a seven year old Holiday Issue of Cooking Light.
How To Make Crescent Cookies
These Crescent Cookies could not be easier to make!
This recipe has six ingredients, and I’m willing to bet you might have them all on hand right now? You need:
- almond flour
- gluten free all purpose flour
- powdered sugar
The cookie dough comes together really quickly. You can then roll into a crescent shape, or a ball. Once the crescent cookies have baked, you cover the still warm goodness with powdered sugar.
Also? Your kitchen will smell amazing.
More Vegan Cookie Recipes
- Twix Cookie Bars
- Black and White Cookie
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Lofthouse Style Soft Frosted Cookies
- Samoa Girl Scout Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Double Rich Chocolate Protein Cookies
- Cardamom Gingerbread House
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- In large mixing bowl (or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment), cream together butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla.
- Add almond meal to butter sugar mixture, do not mix. Add flour and salt, stirring into almond meal before folding into butter sugar mixture.
- Using hands, roll about 1 tablespoon dough into a log shape wider in the middle, then form a crescent. Place on parchment / baking sheet, repeat with remaining dough. Bake at 350 °F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and while still warm, roll through powdered sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 365 Everyday Value, Organic Powdered Sugar, 24 oz
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour, 22-ounce
- BOBS RED MILL Flour Almond Super Fine, 32 OZ
- Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, 4 ounces
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Coconut Sugar, 2 Pounds
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- Silicone Whisk Spatula Spoonula Brush Set of 6 - Red
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 14gNet Carbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.