this salt and vinegar grilled cheese is a veggie stacked sandwich packed with potato chips for incredible layers of flavor and texture – destined to be a new favorite, for sure.
recipe originally published April 17, 2013
Salt and Vinegar Grilled Cheese
Happy Grilled Cheese Month!
Anyone celebrating? You have a whole month…
You may know I have a thing for sandwiches. Like, I make one, then become obsessed with the flavors and that is all I eat for several days in a row. Sometimes for lunch and dinner.
I know – you want to come over for dinner now, don’tcha?
Vegan Comfort Food
I made this salt and vinegar grilled cheese for our lunch last Saturday. Then I woke up early Sunday and made another one for breakfast.
I may be thinking about them again this week…
Thing is, these are kinda sorta healthy, right? Big juicy slices of tomato and thick slabs of cool avocado combine with two kinds of cheese and salt & vinegar potato chips.
Yep. Potato chips.
In the sandwich.
Salt and vinegar is my favorite, and instead of a pile of them next to my sandwich, I tucked them inside…
vegan sandwich recipes:
- Sunrise Stack Veggie Breakfast Sandwich
- Shroom Hunter Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Cheese Wafflewich Sliders
- Caramelized Onion Kabocha Sandwich
- Crispy Shiitake BLT Sandwich
- Chef’s Mojo Cubano Sandwich
- Garden Fresh Grilled Cheese
- Epic Day After Holiday Sandwich
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- 1 teaspoon dairy free butter or olive oil
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- 3 ounces dairy free cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced into four thick slices
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into four thick slices
- handful of salt & vinegar chips
- In a skillet or griddle over medium heat, melt butter / oil.
- Arrange cheese in slices equally between the two slices of bread. Place each slice open faced on skillet in melted butter / oil. Cover to melt cheese as bread cooks up grilled and crispy.
- Remove from heat. Arrange potato chips in layer over cheese, top with avocado and tomato. Press together in a sandwich.
vegan, gluten free
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 688Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gSodium: 580mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 10gSugar: 9gProtein: 28g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.