gluten free vegan Salt and Vinegar Grilled Cheese – a veggie stacked sandwich packed with potato chips for incredible layers of flavor and texture – destined to be a new favorite, for sure.
recipe originally published April 17, 2013
Salt and Vinegar Grilled Cheese
Happy Grilled Cheese Month!
Anyone celebrating? You have a whole month…
You may know I have a thing for sandwiches. Like, I make one, then become obsessed with the flavors and that is all I eat for several days in a row. Sometimes for lunch and dinner.
I know – you want to come over for dinner now, don’tcha?
Vegan Comfort Food
I made this salt and vinegar grilled cheese for our lunch last Saturday. Then I woke up early Sunday and made another one for breakfast.
I may be thinking about them again this week…
Thing is, these are kinda sorta healthy, right? Big juicy slices of tomato and thick slabs of cool avocado combine with two kinds of cheese and salt & vinegar potato chips.
Yep. Potato chips.
In the sandwich.
Salt and vinegar is my favorite, and instead of a pile of them next to my sandwich, I tucked them inside…
vegan sandwich recipes:
do you have a favorite potato chip?
do you become food obsessed?
- 1 teaspoon dairy free butter or olive oil
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- 3 ounces dairy free cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced into four thick slices
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into four thick slices
- handful of salt & vinegar chips
- In a skillet or griddle over medium heat, melt butter / oil.
- Arrange cheese in slices equally between the two slices of bread. Place each slice open faced on skillet in melted butter / oil. Cover to melt cheese as bread cooks up grilled and crispy.
- Remove from heat. Arrange potato chips in layer over cheese, top with avocado and tomato. Press together in a sandwich.
vegan, gluten free
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 688 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Sodium: 580mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 10g Sugar: 9g Protein: 28g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.