This lightened up pina coladas recipe is a light and fresh vegan cocktail is a new take on summer's favorite - tart and fruity! CHEERS
recipe originally published May 24, 2012
Vegan Pina Colada
Summer weather is here, my friends.
As the temperatures return to warm glimpses of summer, we move back outside.
We grill, we lounge in the sun, we have happy hour at home. We get creative with cocktails, and this time of year, the cooler and lighter the cocktail, the better.
If that summer cocktail is served in a pineapple? All the better.
Enter this Lightened Up Pina Coladas recipe - something you'll revisit all summer long!
This Light and Fresh Piña Colada is lower in saturated fat and calories than the traditional counterpart. Which means you can have two, right?
This recipe takes just a few minutes to prep and blend - you can bet the next hot day you'll find me on the patio with one of these frosty favorites!
Vegan pineapple recipes
- Pineapple Jalapeño Poppers
- Hawaiian Mac Salad
- Pineapple Flower Cupcakes
- Vibrant Pineapple Chia Pudding
- Piña Colada Cheesecake Bars
Tart and sweet, fruity and cool. Cheers, here's to summer!
Did you make these lightened up pina coladas?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 11 ounces coconut water
- ⅓ cup coconut milk (carton, not can)
- ¾ cup rum
- Quarter pineapple lengthwise, reserving ¼ for garnish (slice garnish into wedges). Remove skin and core from remaining ¾ pineapple, chop into cubes.
- In blender jar, combine pineapple, flaked coconut, water and milk. Blend at high speed until smooth.
- Add ice and rum to blender, process until smooth. Pour into glasses and garnish with pineapple wedge.
dairy, soy and gluten free, vegan, no added sugar
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.