follow this Vegan Baileys Irish Cream recipe for a quick and easy method on how to make vegan Baileys liqueur. perfect in a hot cup of coffee on a snowy morning…
recipe originally published September 27, 2010
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Vegan Irish Cream
In my family, my mom or sister make the homemade Kahlúa, and I make the homemade Baileys.
Our Vegan Baileys Irish Cream is definitely not reserved for holidays only. This is a year round beverage and mixer for us.
Is Whiskey Gluten Free?
The distillation process removes the gluten proteins. According to the National Institutes of Health Celiac Awareness Campaign, distilled alcohol is considered gluten free and safe to drink, even if originally derived from wheat, barley, or rye. This not only applies to rye whiskey and scotch whisky, but vodka and gin as well.
Where things change is bourbons and other whiskeys that add a mash after distilling. The mash often contains wheat / gluten.
Both my husband and I are diagnosed gluten intolerant (which I think is actually something else, but that’s for another day. We had zero issues with bread and beer in Europe), and neither of us have issues with whiskeys or whiskys, or any distilled spirits. My mom is celiac, and she also has not had issues.
My suggestion is to do your research if you have concerns. There are plenty of threads and information to learn from.
How To Make Vegan Baileys
The quintessential and distinct liqueur we all know and love is extremely easy to make at home. Just a few common pantry ingredients make up this tasty recipe, and even those are flexible:
- dairy free milk: feel free to replace the coconut milk with a dairy free milk or creamer product of your choosing. I have made this with cashew milk and hemp milk – the thicker milks lend a creamy consistency.
- sweetener: if you prefer, add a bit of your favorite sweetener. maple syrup, date syrup or a simple sugar mixture works best.
Thoroughly combine all ingredients. Enjoy over ice or as a mixer in a cocktail.
How Long Does Vegan Irish Cream Last?
Transfer your homemade Baileys into airtight containers and keep refrigerated.
Refrigerated homemade vegan Baileys Irish Cream lasts 10 days / 2 weeks.
Vegan Holiday Drink Recipes
- Hot Chocolate Peppermint Shots: spiked or not, these festive and fun shots of hot chocolate come in a minty cool shot glass!
- Liquor Bottles On Ice: my longtime favorite way to dress up the bottles for a fancy party. keep your libations cool in a fun decorative way!
- S’mores Shots with Chocolate Glasses: another edible shot glass! this one you make yourself, dip in graham crumb, and fill with a s’mores shot. Mmm.
Also, our Vegan Holiday Cocktails collection shares some of our favorite bloggers recipes!
Did You Make This Vegan Baileys Irish Cream?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- Combine cocoa with hot espresso/coffee, stir until dissolved.
- Add this and all other ingredients to blender, blend on high. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 ounces - 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.