These vegan gluten free lemon poppyseed waffles are a lemony light and bright breakfast recipe! crispy and fluffy – perfect for vegan weekend brunch!
recipe originally published March 24, 2016
Lemon Poppyseed Waffles
One of my favorite treats as a kid was a Lemon Poppyseed Bread.
I cannot believe I have never made one - that might need to happen soon.
Thing is, as much as my mom made just about every single thing from scratch, this favorite loaf came from the store.
It was a rare treat. Our family used to go to the lake in the summer - one of those day trips that started super early in the morning so we'd snag a great spot on the beach. We had a big cooler filled with eats for the day, and for some reason, we always bought a few of the same things at the store for these trips. One of those things? A Lemon Poppyseed Loaf from the grocery bakery.
Oh so good.
So these waffles are lovely - bright lemon, crispy fluffy light, with that little crunch from the poppyseed. Slightly sweet, just as I like things. So, way less sweet than that favorite Lemon Poppyseed Bread I loved...
These would be great with a little melted butter and syrup, but I didn't even do that. I am loving the new Daiya Greek Yogurt Alternatives - and the Blueberry flavor was a perfect match for these Lemon Poppyseed Waffles. Perfect flavor match and color match, don't you think?
It really is all I needed.
More vegan breakfast recipes
- Ranchero Breakfast Crunchwrap
- Protein Rich Pineapple Chia Pudding
- Sunrise Stack Breakfast Sandwich
- Avocado Kale Florentine with Smoked Paprika Hollandaise
- Bacon Wrapped Mini Breakfast Burritos
- Luxardo Cheesecake Stuffed Waffles
- Savory Sweet Potato Breakfast Boats
- Sugared Vanilla Snickerdoodle Bread
Sunday Vegan Brunch, here we come.
- Sift together flour, sugar, poppyseed, and baking powder. Whisk in soda and combine. Stir in lemon juice and zest.
- Allow waffle batter to sit several minutes, stirring again just before pouring into waffle maker.
- Pour ⅓ to ½ cup into middle of prepared waffle iron (depending on size of iron). Close and cook per machine instructions.
- I cooked mine about 3-4 minutes on one side, flipping and cooking another minute (using a waffle iron that flips).
adapted from Perfect Vegan Vanilla Waffles
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 waffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.