vegan Luxardo Cheesecake Stuffed Waffles recipe – a fancy brunch, a Valentines breakfast, or a virtual breakfast date with a friend – you want these on your menu!
Luxardo Cheesecake Stuffed Waffles
It is Thursday and I *cleared my morning schedule.
For our original Virtual Breakfast, we also had waffles – I made Perfect Vanilla Waffles that day.
When I asked her yesterday about having another virtual date, Somer answered with, “waffles!”
Like, didn’t skip a beat. I think waffles were her idea the first time too. HA.
Fancy Brunch Recipe
Because Valentines is next week, because I have brunch on my mind, because Somer said waffles and I looked across the room and I saw my husband’s jar of Luxardo cherries on the bar…
and because I have not made one of my Stuffed Waffles in a while.
and they worked! I am always amazed when a stuffed waffle comes out right. This one only took two tries.
Then, because I was hungry and in a hurry to snap a few photos, I uh…
knocked over the Luxardo jar.
I quickly scooped it up, saving most of the cherries and some of the syrup.
Enough syrup to use as a waffle topping or a Luxardo whiskey recipe for later…
Cheers, Somer! Cheers, everyone!
that cheesecake filling, though.
*honestly, I have abbreviated my upcoming schedule anyway – Winter Olympics begin today!
- 3 tablespoons Luxardo cherries
- 1-2 tablespoons cherry syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons dairy free cream cheese
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegan granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup club soda
- In a small bowl, combine cherries, cherry syrup, and cream cheese. Stir to combine, mashing cherries slightly and leaving some cream cheese pieces. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cornstarch, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together milk and apple cider vinegar. Add this milk mixture and club soda to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour a small amount (1/4 to 1/3 cup, depending on size of iron) into prepared / hot waffle iron. Wait just a bit, so the waffle begins to set on the bottom.
- Add cherry cheesecake filling to the middle (leaving an inch or so border). Add another scoop of batter, just enough to cover completely.
- Close and cook per machine instructions. I cooked mine about 3-4 minutes on one side, flipping and cooking another minute (using a waffle iron that flips).
- Repeat with remaining waffle batter and filling. Serve warm with cherry syrup.
dairy, egg, soy, oil, and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Luxardo Maraschino Cherries, 418 mL
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour, 22-ounce
- Organic Cane Sugar (3 lbs) by Anthony's, Gluten-Free Non-GMO
- Rumford Corn Starch - Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Thickener for Sauce, Soup, Gravy, Vegan, Vegetarian, Resealable Can - 12 oz (1)
- 365 Everyday Value, Baking Powder, 10 Ounce
- Elmhurst - Unsweetened Cashew Milk - 32 Fluid Ounces
- Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, 16 Ounce (1 pack)
- SodaStream Fizzi Sparkling Water Maker, Carbonator Not Included, Black
- BLACK+DECKER Flip Waffle Maker, Silver, WM1404S
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 440 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 474mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 21g Protein: 10g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.