these vegan Hot Chocolate in Peppermint Shot Glasses are festive and fun for all of your holiday parties – fill with hot chocolate, spiked or not, or any other holiday beverage that pairs with mint!
recipe originally published December 31, 2011
Vegan Hot Chocolate
My last beverage of the year is deliciously non alcoholic – a hot chocolate made with dark chocolate.
Seeing as I bring it to you in a Candy Cane Shot Glass, I did include a variation on the recipe that does include that chocolate vodka… or rum. or peppermint schnapps.
Hot Chocolate Peppermint Shots
Whatever floats your cocktail boat.
As much as I would like to claim that I made these shot glasses, I did not. Ironically, they are from the same company (FredFlare) that made the shot glass mould from that recipe.
AND! these super fun Peppermint Shot Glasses are on sale right now!
We make these shots almost every year. Most recently, we had them at our party where we all decorated a Cardamom Protein Cookie Gingerbread House. We garnished them with a brownie topper, and spiked them – rum or vodka, your choice!
festive shot drinks
(shot glass mould on sale right now!)
Cheers – here’s to a fantastic New Year!
- Break / chop chocolate into small pieces.
- In small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat, stirring frequently. When milk reaches a simmer, add chocolate and stir while it melts.
- Once completely melted, add syrup, vanilla and salt. Combine completely and remove from heat. Pour into cups, add vodka if using, and garnish with whip cream and chocolate shavings or cocoa.
- We served this warm in Candy Cane Shot Glasses – as is for a great dessert, and with chocolate vodka added for a cocktail dessert!
vegan, gluten free, dairy free
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Two's Company 80982 Peppermint Shot Glasses in Gift Box (Set of 4) Red
- Elmhurst - Unsweetened Cashew Milk - 32 Fluid Ounces
- Enjoy Life Semi-sweet Chocolate Mini Chips Pck of 2 (Packaging may vary)
- Organic Maple Syrup, Grade A, 16-Ounce
- Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, 4 ounces
Serving Size:1 shot
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 96 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 29mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g Protein: 2g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.