This vegan mushroom pie satisfies your hearty comfort food cravings with a creamy herb mushroom filling and a light gluten free pastry.
recipe originally published March 12, 2015
Vegan Mushroom Pie
Longtime readers of spabettie know I love my pie. The former accountant and numbers nerd in me also loves Pi.
I make a Pi tribute pie every year, and those years I have had a blog, I have shared them with you.
I made a savory pie this year, a gluten free vegan mushroom pie. The filling is serious comfort food, combining crimini and shiitake mushrooms with this Vegan Boursin Cheese.*
Not only is this vegan mushroom pie just straight up comfort food, it is incredibly flavorful. Adding vermouth takes this pie to such a fragrant level of goodness, and instantly transports me to holidays. Mmm.
*This recipe has been updated to use our Vegan Boursin, or any easy to find garlic herb cream cheese. The previous brand was difficult to find for many readers.
Something fun: How to Calculate Pi by Throwing Frozen Hot Dogs
Did you make this vegan mushroom pie recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 pounds mushrooms (one pound each crimini and shiitake), quartered
- ⅓ cup dry vermouth
- ¼ cup Vegan Boursin Cheese (or your favorite vegan herb cream cheese)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- gluten free pie dough (two – crust and top)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In large straight sided sauté pan over medium heat, sauté onion in butter until softened.
- Add mushrooms, continue to sauté several minutes. Add vermouth and herbed cheese, stir to incorporate as cheese melts. Add quinoa, stir to combine, remove from heat.
- Roll out pie dough and carefully line pie dish.
- Roll second pie dough for top, cut decorative shape of Pi.
- Pour mushroom filling into pie dish, smooth into even layer.
- Add top dough, pinching edges together to seal with bottom layer dough.
- Bake at 350 °F for 35 – 40 minutes, until dough is golden and baked through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.