Hearty portobello mushroom lasagna is packed with nutrients, layers of flavor, and vibrant colors – this gluten free vegan lasagna is such satisfying comfort food, you will want to make a double batch!
Hearty Portobello Mushroom Lasagna
You know that thing, when what you have planned for lunch is so good that you cannot stop thinking about it, and you end up eating lunch super early because you are looking forward to it so much?
This lasagna is that thing.
I make this recipe at least twice a month, often more. It is so flavorful, and it is so good for you. Packed with nutrient rich kale and tomatoes, hearty mushrooms, and so much vibrant flavor, this is comfort food that won’t put you in a torpor.
So you can definitely have this for lunch the next day.
Whatever you call mid morning.
Did you make this mushroom lasagna?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- 2 large baking potatoes
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 5-6 leaves kale, stems and ribs removed
- 6 no-boil gluten free lasagna noodles
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Scrub potatoes. Cut potatoes into 3-4 pieces each, all pieces uniform size. Bring water and potatoes to a boil in a large pot; cook until potatoes are soft (25-30 minutes). Drain potatoes, return to pot.
- Using a fork or a masher tool, mash potatoes about half way, so bite size pieces of potato remain. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Chop/rip kale into bite size pieces. In large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in a bit of water. When softened, add kale. Cook several minutes, allowing kale to crisp. Transfer to a plate or bowl, set aside.
- Slice mushrooms lengthwise into one inch strips, then slice each strip into bite size cubes. Add mushrooms and a bit of water to saucepan and cook for several minutes without stirring. After a couple minutes they should start to sear; stir / flip mushrooms to sear other sides. Remove from heat.
- Assemble lasagna: Pour marinara into 8x8 baking dish, to completely cover. Arrange two no-boil lasagna noodles over sauce. Spoon a layer of potato over noodle (using half of the potatoes). Add half of the seared mushroom mixture over potatoes, followed by the kale-onion mixture. Add more sauce, and another two noodles side by side. Follow with the remaining potatoes, the other half of the mushrooms, kale-onion mixture, more sauce and the final two noodles. Cover top noodles completely with sauce.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil, bake at 350 °F for 35-40 minutes, checking that noodles are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting (to set for an even cut).
dairy, egg, soy, oil, and gluten free, vegan recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 467mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 10g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.