this vegan Cranberry Fluff Jello Salad is a retro classic. we updated our vegan jello salad with a festive holiday flavor!
recipe originally published November 14, 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS - Jump to any section:
This classic holiday recipe is a must make
One of my holiday favorites growing up was that Lime Jello Salad. Why it is called salad, we may never know. (If you know, please enlighten us!)
I looked forward to that pretty green fluffy salad all year long. About age 7 I learned to make it. That was my assignment for the holiday. I made the jello salad the day before, and then served it up and had it on the table in time for dinner.
This wasn’t dessert!
Oh no. We enjoyed the jello salad with dinner. Dessert came later.
Cranberries are a classic holiday flavor - see more of our Cranberry Recipes.
How to make this recipe
This vegan cranberry fluff jello salad recipe requires just a couple changes - a vegan "gel" dessert in place of the gelatin, and dairy free versions of whipped cream, cream cheese, marshmallows, and milk. Luckily, we are now able to find these items fairly easily.
The original jello salad I grew up with has pineapple pieces. This cranberry fluff jello salad has cranberry sauce instead. This festive change brings a lovely tart flavor rather than more sweet - it is a delicious contrast.
More vegan holiday ideas
- Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes: pardon the turkey and serve some of our time tested crowd pleasing recipes and see our party planning schedule, too.
- Vegan Cranberry Recipes: find new ways to add the deliciously tart holiday berry to sweet and savory dishes. ideas here range from fresh berries to dried, and leftover cranberry sauce as well.
- Festive Holiday Cocktails: shake up a new libation to toast your friends and family all season long. deliciously spirited drinks to match all kinds of party spreads.
- Vegan Holiday Recipes: a comprehensive recipe collection that has everything you need from Thanksgiving to Christmas and all of the holiday events in between!
- Best Vegan Treats for Holiday Gifting: all of the essential recipes for your gifting lists and cookie trays. give to delivery and mail carriers, hairdressers, friends, neighbors, and coworkers!
- Party Snacks to Ring In the New Year: welcome the new year with all sorts of festive snacks and dips. end the year on a tasty note – cheers!
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- In saucepan over medium heat, add milk and marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are mostly melted. Remove from heat.
- Add gel powder, stir until completely dissolved.
- Fold in cranberry sauce. Spoon cream cheese into mixture in small spoonfuls – stir to break up somewhat.
- Cover and transfer to refrigerator to set half way – about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator. Fold in CocoWhip / whipped coconut cream.
- Cover and return to refrigerator to set, several hours to overnight.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.