this Cranberry Fluff Jello Salad is a retro classic! this vegan holiday recipe is a new flavor of the nostalgic side dish we all grew up with, just as tasty!
Cranberry Fluff Jello Salad
I am so SO happy with this recipe.
One of my holiday favorites growing up was that Lime Jello Salad. Why it is called salad, we may never know. (If you know, please enlighten us!)
I looked forward to that pretty green fluffy salad all year long. About age 7 I learned to make it. That was my assignment for the holiday. I made the jello salad the day before, and then served it up and had it on the table in time for dinner.
This wasn’t dessert!
Oh no. We enjoyed the jello salad with dinner. Dessert came later.
Classic Holiday Recipe
Cranberries are a classic holiday flavor – see more of our favorite Cranberry Recipes.
Lime Jello Salad or Cranberry Fluff Jello Salad – or both!
I have been a vegetarian most of my life, but wasn’t really educated on jello. This salad was greatly missed once I eschewed all animal products and learned just what jello is.
Rejoice! Imagine my straight up glee when I found vegan, non gelatin dessert mix! I am pretty sure I made Jello Salad immediately.
Vegan Holiday Recipes
This year, a week before Thanksgiving, I test drove an idea I’ve been thinking about for a while. A tart, less sweet version. Using cranberry sauce!
Needless to say, we all loved this new Cranberry Fluff. I tested it out on friends by mentioning champagne brunch.
and I made it again a week later.
I think I have a new holiday favorite.
…or maybe I’ll just make both?
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- In saucepan over medium heat, add milk and marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are mostly melted. Remove from heat.
- Add gel powder, stir until completely dissolved.
- Fold in cranberry sauce. Spoon cream cheese into mixture in small spoonfuls – stir to break up somewhat.
- Cover and transfer to refrigerator to set half way – about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator. Fold in CocoWhip / whipped coconut cream.
- Cover and return to refrigerator to set, several hours to overnight.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Unsweetened Cashew Milk - 32 Fluid Ounces
- Dandies Vegan Marshmallows (3x10oz)
- Simply Delish Sugar-Free Gluten-Free Natural Jel Dessert 4 Flavor Variety Bundle, (1) Each: Raspberry, Peach, Strawberry, and Orange (.7 Ounces)
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- Silicone Whisk Spatula Spoonula Brush Set of 6 - Red
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.