this vegan Cranberry Fluff Jello Salad is a retro classic. we updated our vegan jello salad with a festive holiday flavor!
recipe originally published November 14, 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS - Jump to any section:
This classic holiday recipe is a must make
One of my holiday favorites growing up was that Lime Jello Salad. Why it is called salad, we may never know. (If you know, please enlighten us!)
I looked forward to that pretty green fluffy salad all year long. About age 7 I learned to make it. That was my assignment for the holiday. I made the jello salad the day before, and then served it up and had it on the table in time for dinner.
This wasn’t dessert!
Oh no. We enjoyed the jello salad with dinner. Dessert came later.
Cranberries are a classic holiday flavor - see more of our Cranberry Recipes.
How to make this recipe
This vegan cranberry fluff jello salad recipe requires just a couple changes - a vegan "gel" dessert in place of the gelatin, and dairy free versions of whipped cream, cream cheese, marshmallows, and milk. Luckily, we are now able to find these items fairly easily.
The original jello salad I grew up with has pineapple pieces. This cranberry fluff jello salad has cranberry sauce instead. This festive change brings a lovely tart flavor rather than more sweet - it is a delicious contrast.
More vegan holiday ideas
- Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes: pardon the turkey and serve some of our time tested crowd pleasing recipes and see our party planning schedule, too.
- Vegan Cranberry Recipes: find new ways to add the deliciously tart holiday berry to sweet and savory dishes. ideas here range from fresh berries to dried, and leftover cranberry sauce as well.
- Festive Holiday Cocktails: shake up a new libation to toast your friends and family all season long. deliciously spirited drinks to match all kinds of party spreads.
- Vegan Holiday Recipes: a comprehensive recipe collection that has everything you need from Thanksgiving to Christmas and all of the holiday events in between!
- Best Vegan Treats for Holiday Gifting: all of the essential recipes for your gifting lists and cookie trays. give to delivery and mail carriers, hairdressers, friends, neighbors, and coworkers!
- Party Snacks to Ring In the New Year: welcome the new year with all sorts of festive snacks and dips. end the year on a tasty note – cheers!
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
Vegan Cranberry Fluff
this Cranberry Fluff Jello Salad is a retro classic! a new holiday flavor of the nostalgic Lime Jello Salad we all grew up with, just as tasty!
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 2 cups mini vegan marshmallows
- 1 3 ounce package Gelatin Free Dessert
- 1 cup Cranberry Sauce
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 3 cups CocoWhip, or 1 cup coconut cream, whipped
- In saucepan over medium heat, add milk and marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are mostly melted. Remove from heat.
- Add gel powder, stir until completely dissolved.
- Fold in cranberry sauce. Spoon cream cheese into mixture in small spoonfuls – stir to break up somewhat.
- Cover and transfer to refrigerator to set half way – about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator. Fold in CocoWhip / whipped coconut cream.
- Cover and return to refrigerator to set, several hours to overnight.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I remember having this! What a fun way to have a cranberry dish for the holidays!
Jello fluff was always on our table growing up! Thanks for making a vegan version...can't wait to try it.
Jello Salad is something that always baffled me, we don't have it in Australia. Serving sweet jelly (what we call jello) with the main meal? So odd! But I like the look of this cranberry fluff one! It is so pretty! I still would have to have it with dessert, though. Marshmallow with dinner? Same goes for the yam and marshmallow casserole I see people posting. It is so interesting seeing different food traditions!
Kristina Sloggett says
exactly, Susan! why "salad"? and odd to be served WITH dinner, too - I agree. but we always did, and I did not mind, ha! I think this was my family's substitute for that marshmallow yam dish, though - we never had that.
Jules Shepard says
Hooray for vegan jello! I remember how sad I was when I found out what gelatin was...it's so amazing what options we have today. What a fun recipe!
Kristina Sloggett says
right?! I too was so bummed, and just ELATED when I found a non gelatin sub. animal free options have progressed SO MUCH since I first went vegan. so good!
and thanks! I am so happy with this recipe. 🙂