Vegan Broccoli Cheese Muffins – fluffy and cheesy – this fun recipe hides a whole tree of broccoli inside – tasty golden muffins with a fun veggie surprise!
Vegan Broccoli Cheese Muffins
Hello, muffin – what’s that you’re hiding?
Under your cheesy crispy exterior, inside your fluffy buttery crumb, I spy a hidden broccoli tree!
When I made pepperoni chili, I wanted to pair it with a muffin. I knew from the tastes as it simmered all day that this chili was going to be epic – I needed an equally knock your socks off muffin to accompany it.
This fun kid friendly recipe I found is epic, this I guarantee.
The flavor is buttery and cheesy and if comfort was a flavor, I’d say that too.
These are crispy yet soft, light yet substantial. The extra fun is a full tree of broccoli inside each muffin – always a popular trick.
and then make these muffins as soon as it is possible.
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 10-12 small broccoli trees, stem trimmed to fit inside muffin
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray a 12 muffin tin or line with muffin cups.
- Combine flax and water, set aside to thicken.
- In small bowl, whisk together cashew milk and apple cider vinegar - this is a dairy free buttermilk alternative. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and grated cheese. Add flax mixture, cashew milk mixture, and (cooled) melted butter - stirring just to combine.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling about half way. Add one tree broccoli to each muffin tin, adding more batter to cover.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Spectrum Essentials Organic Ground Flaxseed, 24 Ounce
- Elmhurst - Unsweetened Cashew Milk - 32 Fluid Ounces
- Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, 16 Ounce (1 pack)
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour, 22-ounce
- Bob's Red Mill Organic Medium Grind Cornmeal, 24 Oz (4 Pack)
- 365 Everyday Value, Baking Powder, 10 Ounce
Serving Size:one muffin
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 116 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 109mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 6g Protein: 6g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.