Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles with Shortbread Crumb

Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles with Shortbread Crumb – tangy and sweet flavors combine for a perfect cheesecake popsicle, dipped into a crunchy shortbread crumb!

Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles with Shortcake Crumb

So Halloween is coming up. Soon.

I know, it’s summertime and this weirdo spabettie is already thinking about fall? Only for costume planning purposes, I promise. I am savoring the summertime days to their maximum potential, I truly am. I am not trying to will it away or make autumn arrive quicker. However, I do know a good costume requires some thought and time. and possible drawer slides.

Before October arrives this year, I will have to find old Halloween costume photos to share with you all.

Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles with Shortcake Crumb

Many years ago, I dressed up as Mia Wallace, which was a two part costume. For the first half of the night, I had my carefully arranged wig, white button down shirt, skinny black pants. The second half of the night, my hair and makeup messed up, I had a large syringe attached to a bustier I wore under my white shirt, pointing at a red sharpie mark. An fun costume I wore several times.

Jason and I have done a couple costume once – he wore a camo print jacket with black pants, I wore a black top with camo print pants. Upper and lower G.I.s.

I have an idea for this year, but I’m keeping it under wraps until Halloween arrives. Besides, there is too much summer left to savor, and summer includes popsicles.

Delicious popsicles that really do taste like cheesecake.

Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles with Shortcake Crumb

Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles with Shortcake Crumb

dairy and gluten free, vegan

makes 5 pops in this size mould

4 ounces cream cheese (Tofutti)
1/2 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup water, divided
1 dropper vanilla stevia

1 1/2 cups frozen cherries

In blender, combine cream cheese, coconut milk, 1/2 cup water and vanilla stevia, blend until creamy smooth. Transfer to a container with a pour spout, set aside. Rinse blender, add cherries and remaining 1/4 cup water, blend to a chunky jam consistency. Spoon a small amount of cherry mixture into each mould, followed by pouring a tablespoon (approximate) into each mould, alternating until full to achieve marbled look. Fill all moulds, add sticks and transfer to freezer for several hours / overnight.

Dip in shortbread crumbs to complete the cheesecake flavor. I made a 1/2 batch of these cookies (cookie dough base only) and used a few to make crumbs in the food processor.

Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles with Shortcake Crumb

Do you dress up for Halloween? What costumes have you worn in the past?

Comments

Once again I can make you feel relatively normal by saying that one of my magazines deals with the party industry and I’m already working with companies on trends for Halloween 2013. Sigh…so much for living in the moment, but so goes the publishing industry 😉

If you ever need costume recommendations though, I’ll swap them for some of those popsicles!

oh, yes, I remember us talking about Halloween last year? (when you must have been planning New Years for ’18…?) 😉 so what is the trend for a year from now? what do they even base that on?

We have done a few fun things, but my favorite was when Tony was a douchebag and I was knocked up…I will post the picture on fb for you. I have no other way of describing it in all it’s glory.

Those popsicles look amazing. I LOVE toffuti and miss it so.

oooh, I can almost smell the crisp autumn air now! :) I really do love summer, but fall has to be my favorite… and yes, sweaters and stockings and fun boots and excuses to drink warm beverages! 😀

Love that you’re already thinking about costumes 😉 Kind of funny you mention Halloween b/c there is this house I pass and have noticed someone sleeping in the porch occasionally (5:30 am mind you). The first time I saw the guy I thought it was a scarecrow then I remember what month it was. This morning when Jason and I passed the house and I saw the guy, I pointed him out and mentioned the Halloween thing 😉

And I could have seriously gone for one of those popsicles this morning after my long run. YUM

sleeping on the porch to keep cool? I’d do that. 😀

yes, these pops would be a good post run cooler…

these were VERY easy, and I was so happy they turned out swirly – which was my intent but you never know… right? 😉

Super yum! And while I haven’t thought about Halloween costumes yet, I have thought about fall longingly. I’d like fall weather with the long summer days. Can we arrange that, please?

I’ve had lots of fun Halloween costumes over the years and created some especially fun ones for Son. Our all-time favorite for him was a hammerhead shark. He wore a human tooth on a chain around his neck. 😉

xo,
    Shirley

haa – I love the human tooth for a shark – clever!

I too look forward to fall – my favorite time of the year, when things are cool and the air smells smokey, fresh and good.

Today was popsicle day for me too..although mine might have been big girl pops…you know – BOOZE!

I’m on a popsicle binge…and these sound so very good AND I have cherries. a must do.

I made a costume a couple of years ago to go to a costume party as Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter. Gray wig; cool witch hat with a feather I got on the web and a black velveteen cape that I made. So…I noticed that cape in my closet one day and wore it to the grocery store. I had 3 people want to know where I got it. It has become my favorite cool weather ‘coat’ and people continue to ask me where I got it!

I need to try some boozy pops for sure… can you really taste it, I can’t imagine you can add very much or they wouldn’t freeze properly?

I love the idea of a black velveteen cape – I am sure you get many questions about where it can be found! :)

I like your mentality of thinking ahead for Halloween. :) hehe…can’t wait to see what you come up with this year.

For now, let me adore these cherry cheesecake pops. So unique and delicious. Can’t wait to make some pops for my kids!

hi Amy – the one I have planned is a fun one, if I get it done for this year I will definitely share 😉

I was so happy these turned out swirly – it was what I was going for, but you never know if it will work! either way, they do taste great!

hee, I love that one too. 😉 I do have another ‘play on words’ type costume, but I will not reveal until I do it!