Cherry cheesecake popsicles with shortbread crumb combine tangy and sweet flavors for a perfect cheesecake popsicle, dipped into a crunchy shortbread.
recipe originally published July 20, 2012
Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles with Shortbread Crumb
These cherry cheesecake popsicles with shortbread crumb are deliciously cool and creamy, a frozen handheld cheesecake. These super easy popsicles really do taste like cheesecake, and the shortbread crumb comes from the cookie base in my vegan Twix bars.
We have a beloved old cherry tree in our yard, and every summer we are gifted with a bounty of fresh, tart sweet cherries. Aside from just enjoying them fresh from the tree, my summertime recipes always include new ways to enjoy cherries.
Did you make these cherry cheesecake popsicles?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 4 ounces dairy free cream cheese
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 ½ cups fresh cherries (or frozen)
- In blender, combine cream cheese, coconut milk, and maple syrup if using. Blend until creamy smooth.
- Transfer to a container with a pour spout, set aside. (Add water to thin as needed.)
- Rinse blender, add cherries and blend to a chunky jam consistency.
- Spoon a small amount of cherry mixture into each mould. Pour a tablespoon (approximate) of cherries into each mould, alternating until full to achieve marbled look.
- Fill all moulds, add sticks and transfer to freezer for several hours / overnight.
- Dip in shortbread crumbs to complete the cheesecake flavor. I made a ½ batch of shortbread cookies and used a few to make crumbs in the food processor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.