orange juice shots

in daily juice,Vegan

“You do shots? Come on, wolf it.”

Please someone tell me the movie that line comes from! It’s one of my favorites, I say it all the time (whether there is alcohol involved or not), and I just laughed out loud typing that. One hint – “are we still having dinner with the rice chex?”  ‘you better learn their name, as of tomorrow, they’re family.’

Today we had shots with breakfast. Shots with “orange” juice. Shots that wake you up and give you energy!

Energy that comes from these beauties:

Yum. You do shots?

“orange” juice

1 grapefruit, peeled
4 carrots
1 orange bell pepper, cored

Optional – if you like a little sweet to balance the tart and spicy, add an apple.

What’s your favorite movie quote?

1 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe August 9, 2011 at 5:13 am

I love this all-orange juice. The photos are stunning and it sounds really tasty with the fresh spicy pepper kick.

2 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 12:43 pm

thanks, Alayna – it was REALLY good… I love the spicy pepper and the tart grapefruit :)

3 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. August 9, 2011 at 5:21 am

Sixteen Candles!!

4 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 12:42 pm

YAY! ;)

5 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} August 9, 2011 at 5:51 am

Oh this looks fabulous! I could use an energy boosting shot right now–I have a busy day ahead of me.

6 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I wish I could share these with you!! *cheers* hope you’re having a great day, Maryea!

7 Stephanie @ extremebalance.net/blog August 9, 2011 at 5:54 am

I like the last pic—I’m imagining you doing 5 shots of, oh, ANYTHING right about now… ;)

These are *gorgeous*—that’s maybe the most beautiful orange I’ve seen!

8 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 12:42 pm

ha – no shots for this girl, unless they’re just like this. ;)

9 katie @KatieDid August 9, 2011 at 5:56 am

I could list off about 10 lines from Mean Girls that I say on the daily…. “What’s the 411? What are the cool jams? What has everybody been up to?”
“Cuz I’m a cool Mom (wink)” so many more hahah, love it! Oh and What About Bob I tend to quote frequently as well.. “Good morning Gill, I said good morning Gill……”

10 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I’m doing the work, I’m baby steppin!! Is this some kind of radical new therapy? ;) I LOVE What About Bob!! :D

11 Stephanie@MyThornsHaveRoses August 9, 2011 at 5:59 am

Your shots are so great! Juice looks tasty!

12 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 12:39 pm

cheers! :D

13 Heather (Where's the Beach) August 9, 2011 at 6:03 am

You already know I stink at movie quotes ;-) Those look amazing. The color is just insane.

14 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 12:31 pm

ha – and you already know I’m kindof a freak about them! ;) isn’t the color great? so vibrant – that’s unedited, all juice!! :D

15 Lisa August 9, 2011 at 6:40 am

What brand of juicer do you use? There are so many on the market, and I know some are better than others… Your advice would be most helpful in begining my juicing journey!

16 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 12:31 pm

hi Lisa! we have this juicer –> Breville and we love it! it’s efficient and a great one to start out with. good luck in starting juicing – please let me know if you have any other questions – I have many recipes, too! :)

17 vanessa (a generous pour) August 9, 2011 at 6:49 am

i love that you use bell peppers in your juice! i do the same thing and it adds such a nice, bright, almost spicy flavor! so happy to have found your blog!

18 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 12:28 pm

hi vanessa! I’m happy you found me too, always good to meet another bell pepper juicer! ;) I LOVE the flavor! I recently started juicing garlic too – yum!

19 Megan (the long-winded one) August 9, 2011 at 6:49 am

Sixteen Candles is one of my favorites, I go around saying “Oto-mo-biiile?” way too much…channeling my inner Long Duk Dong I suppose. Whenever we have a cranky customer just making our day less than fun we’ll say “flames..on the sides of my face” so then we don’t say something we really shouldn’t and can go about our day. I personally quote Cry Baby way more than anyone should. “I wouldn’t be caught dead in a full length skirt” and “our bozooms are our weapons!” “Girls who wear tight slacks. Hysterectomy pants, I call them. ”

I will now spend my day cleaning with awesome movies in the background =)

20 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 12:17 pm

oh, Oto-Mo-Biiiiile !! yes! I say that too, and “Whatsa Happenin, Hot Stuff?;) also, if you are a Raising Arizona fan, you might enjoy this vintage spabettie post –> african peanut soup ggg :D

hope you’re having a great one, Megan!

21 Megan (the long-winded one) August 9, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I had a great day and this post keeps making it better; my list of things to watch again keeps getting longer =)

22 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 6:47 pm

:D you’ll have to come by here and leave me more quotes – I LOVE playing the movie quote game!

23 Megan (the long-winded one) August 10, 2011 at 4:02 am

:) I’m surrounded by friends and family that quote movies and tv shows on a regular basis. I’m really bad about the Golden Girls, I can bring just about any situation going on into an episode. My sister-in-law and I both have two boy dogs and if one of us starts with the “that’s a GOOOOD boy” from The Proposal where Sandra Bullock is talking to the dog after her shower it snow balls into us chanting and singing “from the windows..to the walls…” like her and Betty White. We’re seriously afflicted but its all kinds of fun. (also, I have a daily routine of checking email, facebook, daily tshirt sales, this blog and then my school work because you are that awesome) I’ll bring the quotes anytime! =D

24 (what runs) Lori August 9, 2011 at 9:36 am

I’m in love with your blog. Always the most incredible, bright, cheery, colorful pictures. And creative, too.

Happy Tuesday!

25 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 12:05 pm

YEEEE ! this just made my day, Lori! you are the sweetest, and my blog is bright and cheery because of comments like YOURS. <3 <3

26 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 9, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I WANT THESE!!

The flavors, the colors, oh Kris, you outdid yourself!!! :)

27 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 6:49 pm

thanks, Averie! :)

28 Kelsey August 9, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I did watermelon shots last night after a 7 mile walk!

29 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 6:49 pm

YUM! that sounds tasty, Kelsey, and SO refreshing after a long walk!

30 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons August 9, 2011 at 5:37 pm

you know what i’m singing =)

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS EVERRRYYYYYBODY! <3

I'll take several =)

31 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 6:43 pm

cheers! ;)

32 Kris August 9, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Quit feeling sorry for yourself. IT’S BAD FOR YOUR COMPLEXION!!!

But I bet these little shots will do wonders for your skin! : )

33 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 6:39 pm

hi Kris, I’m confused by this comment? who is feeling sorry for themselves?

34 Kris August 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Remember? Getting on the bus after she complains to her friend about her family forgetting her birthday???

35 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 8:37 pm

haaa haaa – oh my! sorry, I just remembered. *confession: I went back and read my post to see if I was complaining?? ;) wow. can’t get nothin’ by me. HEE HEE!

36 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit August 9, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I would totally add apple to this and then drink you under the table. Mwahaha

37 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 6:38 pm

haa haa! you’re on, girl! ;)

38 Christin@purplebirdblog August 9, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Beautiful AND refreshing, best of the best! Miss your damn face! :)

39 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 6:50 pm

XXO to you!! I miss you too, lady. glad things are going great for you now! <3

40 Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen August 9, 2011 at 7:37 pm

JUST watched a movie you have to see if you haven’t all ready. It’s a documentary called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and it’s all about juicing and juice fasts, etc.

I swear…Amazong has started sending me e-mails entitled “based on your recent interest in juicers.” Who am I becoming?!?!

PS. What juicer do you have?

41 Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen August 9, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I should have said already…not all ready.

Unless you are all ready to watch it.

42 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 8:43 pm

we are indeed All Ready!

43 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 8:43 pm

YES – we watched it about a week after we started the fast – TOTALLY justified and energized us!! :D isn’t it a great movie??

BAAA haaa~ ~!! I LOVE that about Amazon! so so awesome. SO awesome. and we have the Breville Juice Fountain something-or-other, the VERY same one he has in the documentary!! ours is on our kitchen counter, though, not in the back of my car. ;) (did you ever wonder how he cleaned that thing!?) I did. for a while.

still laughing about Amazon… you are SO going to be a juicer!! of VEGGIES !! ;) XO

44 Kath (My Funny Little Life) August 9, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Aww, I loved all the orange in this post! And the different glasses! Makes me smile! :D :D :D

My favorite movie quote is from Breakfast at Tiffany’s (I have only watched it in German, so I don’t know if it’sexactly like this in English, but I’ll translate it by meaning), when one of the guys says about Holly Golightly, “She’s crazy, but she’s nicely crazy.” I could identify with that immediately! :D

I also love the scene from Pulp Fiction when Vincent Vega and the other one (forgot the name, but he’s played by Samuel Jackson) go to the apartment of the people they’re going to kill and stay in front of the door and then one of them says, “Oh, we’re15 minutes early, let’s go for a walk.” And then of course the quarter pounder with cheese scene … :D

Oh, and Fight Club! Fight Club is full of great quotes! :D

45 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Breakfast at Tiffany’s *sigh* one of my favorites. (do you recall what I was doing New Years –> stretch ) :DYou could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. I must say, the mind reels.:)

and I love Pulp Fiction! I say lines from that movie all the time – and when Jason and I are both drinking coffee (or anything, really) we lift the glass and make the “mmm” face, like The Wolf does with the coffee… :D I’ve seen Fight Club a lot, but for some reason didn’t retain many lines from it??

46 spabettie August 9, 2011 at 9:07 pm

oh and Samuel – Jules Winfield!! ;) Jason and I just put the movie on… yay!

47 hihorosie August 9, 2011 at 10:38 pm

beyootiiiful! We had fresh juice tonight – not as pretty as yours but it was “healthy.” ha ha! Love the shots of the shots!

48 Kath (My Funny Little Life) August 10, 2011 at 3:58 am

Ha, I’m the same with the Fight Club quotes. They’re more complex and deep, so not to easy to remember, and it’s quite a lot, but every time I watch that movie (it’s been too long …) I think, “wow, great!” etc. I’ve collected some for you:

“This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time. ”

“Fuck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let… lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may. ”

“Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ”

“With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels. ”

“First you have to give up, first you have to *know*… not fear… *know*… that someday you’re gonna die. ”

“It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything. ”

“On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero. ”

“The things you own end up owning you. ”

“If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person? ”

“And then, something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom. ”

And my favorite one:

“Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. ”

:D

49 spabettie August 10, 2011 at 5:58 pm

hee! you go some good ones! I’m going to have to watch again soon. I love the end – “you met me at a very strange time in my life” :D

I also love the “I am Jack’s…” –> “I am Jack’s complete lack of surprise.”

50 Kath (My Funny Little Life) August 11, 2011 at 1:53 am

Yes! Of course the “I am Jack’s …” :D

And I love this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDZEdkoaY4

51 Pure2raw twins August 11, 2011 at 4:45 pm

so pretty!!! love the little glasses too!

52 Owen September 3, 2011 at 1:37 pm

these are beautiful – and sound tasty too! you are so talented in photography and creative, too.

53 William October 11, 2011 at 2:40 am

perfectly stunning!

54 Jeri October 14, 2011 at 7:58 am

yum!! this looks great, nice pics too

55 Karen Edwards November 9, 2011 at 10:14 am

Quote is from Sixteen Candles. Love that movie.

56 spabettie November 9, 2011 at 3:31 pm

yes! such a fun movie! :D

57 spabettie August 10, 2011 at 5:44 pm

AWWW ! thank you – I love that I am part of your daily routine!! seriously, you just made my day. MY WEEK! :D so YES, if I ever remind you of a line, DO IT ! or just for a quiz or something… ;)

I am the same way with Seinfeld – I can find almost any occasion to use a line…