Strawberry Lemon Rice Crispies bring bright lemon and sweet strawberry flavors to a classic rice crispie - perfectly pink for Valentines or any day!
recipe originally published February 5, 2013
My strawberry lemon rice crispies are dessert number two in my Vegan Valentines series, and they are one of my favorite recipes for rice crispy treats. Bright lemon flavor and sweet strawberries throughout - a unique flavor for a crispy treat - a good one.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- Divide the package of freeze dried strawberries in half. Set half aside, and process the other half into powder using a blender, food processor, or a bag and rolling pin.
- Melt butter / coconut oil in saucepan. Add marshmallows. Stir over medium heat until melted.
- Add strawberry powder, lemon juice and zest.
- Remove from heat.
- Add rice puffs and the remaining strawberry pieces. Stir until combined.
- Press into baking dish. A 9×9 square makes tall rice crispies.
- Allow to set before slicing, at least 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 11gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.