Strawberry Lemon Rice Crispies bring bright lemon and sweet strawberry flavors to a classic rice crispie - perfectly pink for Valentines or any day!
recipe originally published February 5, 2013
My strawberry lemon rice crispies are dessert number two in my Vegan Valentines series, and they are one of my favorite recipes for rice crispy treats. Bright lemon flavor and sweet strawberries throughout - a unique flavor for a crispy treat - a good one.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 oz package marshmallows (Dandies vegan!)
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons beet juice (optional for color)
- 5 cups rice puffs
- ¾ cup dehydrated strawberry pieces
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan, add marshmallows. Stir over medium heat until melted.
- Add beet juice, lemon juice and zest.
- Remove from heat, add rice puffs and strawberries, stir until combined.
- Press into prepared pan - 9×9 square makes tall rice crispies!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.