these small batch air fryer brownies are a super quick, easy, and delicious recipe! a craving for a brownie? have one in 20 minutes time!
recipe originally published January 19, 2018
Air Fryer Brownies
Quick. Easy. Vegan.
You know one of the best things about a vegan brownie?
The ability to lick the bowl.
Another best part about this brownie?
I went from measuring ingredients into a bowl to biting into a rich fudgy brownie in about 20 minutes.
Because these are small batch brownies. air fryer brownies!
want more? see our Vegan Air Fryer Recipe Collection
Air Fryer Desserts
Yes, you can make desserts in your air fryer!
This genius concoction comes from Kathy Hester’s latest book, Vegan Cooking in Your Air Fryer: 75 Incredible Comfort Food Recipes with Half the Calories. and I have had my air fryer long enough that I can confidently add “and in Half the Time” to that title!
More than a cookbook, this is a how to of air frying. Kathy includes dos and don’ts, ways to cook different foods (think: battered foods! frozen foods!) and using baking dishes inside your air fryer. Don’t have an air fryer yet? The How Do I Pick The Right Air Fryer For Me section is for you!
When you think of an air fryer, do you think of French fries and maybe tofu? Convenience foods from the frozen section? These are GREAT uses for the air fryer, but that’s not all! The recipe ideas are endless.
(Do I sound like a late night infomercial yet?)
Gluten Free Brownies
I also kept these small batch brownies gluten free, using good ol’ Bob’s Gluten Free All Purpose Flour. Still resulted in gooey chewy brownies we all know and love.
One more note! As Kathy states in the instructions, all air fryers are different, as are pan sizes. I did not need the whole 20 minutes – mine were fully cooked in one of these pans in about 15 minutes.
And – that pan is the perfect size for these Salty Pistachio Small Batch Brownies – when you have the dry ingredients sifted together in a bowl, it looks like a lot. Once you add the liquid / wet ingredients? The volume of batter totally shrinks down – ha!
This recipe is a foolproof plan for supremely tasty brownies in short order. And if you don’t yet have an air fryer? With a bit more cooking time (and have a toothpick handy for testing), I bet these turn out just as great in the oven…
…a nice crispy top with a rich, slightly gooey chewy center.
perfection in 20 minutes!
this air fryer brownies recipe is from Vegan Cooking in Your Air Fryer by Kathy Hester, reprinted by permission of Page Street Publishing.
Did you make this air fryer brownie recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- 1/4 cup (60ml) nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) aquafaba
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (48g) whole wheat pastry flour (*use gluten-free baking blend)
- 1/2 cup (99g) vegan sugar (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 1/4 cup (21g) cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon (6g) ground flax seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- mix ins: 1/4 cup of any one or a combination of the following: chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, mini vegan chocolate chips, shredded coconut
- Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Then mix the wet ingredients in a large measuring cup. Add the wet to the dry and mix well.
- Add in the mix-in(s) of your choice and mix again.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 °F (or as close as your air fryer gets).
- Either spray some oil on a 5-inch cake or pie round pan (or a loaf pan that fits in your air fryer), or line it with parchment paper to keep it completely oil-free.
- Place the pan in the fryer basket. Cook for 20 minutes. If the middle is not well set or a knife doesn't come out clean when stuck in the middle cook for 5 minutes more and repeat as needed. The time may vary depending on the size pan and your particular air fryer.
dairy, egg, soy and oil free, gluten free option, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 11gSugar: 8gProtein: 13g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…