Naturally pink chocolate thumbprint cookies are perfect for Valentines, baby or wedding showers, or a Tuesday! gluten and dairy free cookies
recipe originally published February 3, 2012
Now that February is here, I can really start celebrating Valentines and all things pink.
Once I saw the beautiful color that comes from beet juice, I started coloring everything pink. I am also drinking a lot of beet juice. The juice balances out all the desserts we are enjoying.
I am super excited about these chocolate thumbprint cookies. They have a sweet buttery flavor and a perfect soft consistency. I have already made two other cookie styles in addition to the thumbprint.
Happy Valentines Day!
and don't worry, the pink color will come off your hands. usually within a day.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 cup dairy free butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup dairy free milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- juice from 1 beet
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ounce whiskey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 °F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream together butter, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in beet juice.
- Sift in flour. Combine until dough forms, do not over mix.
- Knead into a ball. Cool in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Roll one inch pieces of dough into a ball. Make a thumbprint, place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 °F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil.
- Remove from heat, carefully stir in whiskey if using.
- Allow chocolate to cool slightly. Top each cookie with a spoonful of melted chocolate.
gluten, dairy, egg free, vegan recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.